Bachmann Collectors club OO wagons

DougN

Well my list of collector wagons that I am missing is now down to 2 wagons. The lastest and SJ Claye. So I will keep my eye out for SJ Claye.. but I might just become a member to get the Horlick wagon.

For others that are looking for the wagons Hattons have the 1998 Cambrian wagon listed today!

• Like 1

The Cambrian was only 10quid which I thought was very cheap for such a rare wagon. It makes the Dorman long wagons look expensive as they are over 23quid and you can still get them from Bachmann for 15quid. Any how as long as they go to a good home rather than eBay to make money off!

Well on Thursday last week (on my long long weekend break) I received my parcel from JWmodelrailways.co.uk which had the following wagons. They are the first 2 wagons of the collectors club:- this leaves but 2 wagons for me to collect. I must admit that I do like the Cambrian standard wagon, it is the only one I have in yellow. The train is currently circulating my layout in issue order behind my Q6. 

Will have a giggle if this goes upside down again.... Yeap did it again 

here it is the right way up... funny thing is I had to open in paint which was the right way up save it and now it is:-

post-3192-0-05245300-1475457444_thumb.jpg

Edited by DougN
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note that hattons have a pre owned Charles Roberts 1998 wagon for 13quid on there website at the moment. Now sold... I hope to someone who was looking here! 

Edited by DougN

• 3 weeks later...

Well thanks to a RMweb member who had a SJClaye wagon for sale I now have said wagon in my train. Yet to run the trains as it is a Friday night and I feel terrible with a virus at the moment. So only a quick photo tonight!

post-3192-0-80237900-1478851398_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

If people are still interested in collecting the Bachmann club wagons Hattons have a large number on the pre owned section. These start with Marlow through to the latest.... well maybe not as I managed to pick up the Horlicks for 15quid! Any how they have 14 of the last 16 in stock.  This is a quick and effective way of pulling them all together since 2002. The earlier ones are more challanging! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm waiting on the mailman to turn up with my parcel which left the uk about 2 weeks ago. It has some nice bits and pieces which I would like before the end of the holidays! One of which to bring this back on topic was this years collectors club wagon!

Just checked above it seems like it is almost 3weeks now!

Well as I suggested above here is a few photos of the Bachmann collectors club wagons. 

The 2016 collectors club "horlick"

post-3192-0-14562400-1484017351_thumb.jpg

Now here are some better photos of the earlier wagons:-

post-3192-0-30811500-1484017402_thumb.jpg

Now I did take this photo of the entire train of the collectors wagons. 

post-3192-0-52254300-1484017463_thumb.jpg

I hope people are enjoying this. I have enjoyed collecting the wagons over the last year. It has kept my interest up when waiting for new models to be released even though my interests are of a limited scope. 

My layout has developed a little since I took these photos a day or 2 ago with some more work being done. (you may notice that the back seen has been half removed.. I need to relay some track which I have had trouble with for years (even though the latest problems weren't the track but a locomotive!) I will pull this area up today with a view to relaying it! 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well, as we are now half way through 2017 I thought I would mention that hattons currently has a large number of these wagons for sale at the moment. I thought I would check out how many which is about 14.

It's only a few months until the next wagon will be out.

• 1 month later...

A little more info on the above wagons from Dennis

Merl’s father operated a haulage firm in the Aberystwyth area and the livery that was applied to the company’s vehicles has been adapted to adorn our 2017 club wagon. It is numbered 47 in recognition of 1947, the year that Merl was born. Merl also had an interest in lorries as well as trains.

The new wagon is issued to all members following the renewal of their subscription from 1st July 2017 onwards or to new members joining after that date. A 2018 wagon will be produced for circulation from 1st July 2018.

Distribution of both the N and OO scale wagons has been on-going since early July.

Merl was indeed highly respected in the model railway industry and as railway modellers many of us will never know just how much he changed the hobby. When Merl walked out of that room at Palitoy to head a brand new project - it evolved in just a few months to become OO scale Mainline Railways.

Dennis Lovett

• 1 year later...

Well another year and another wagon, my good friend SRman has sent me photos of the ministry of munitions club wagon on my phone. I have even managed to snaffle one from Hattons tonight so I will put photos of the wagon up when I receive it.

• Like 1