Hey all,

I am planning my 00 gauge layout, and I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Using the measurement tool on Google Maps, I have measured the diameter of the area I wish to model, and in 'real' scale (1:1 I'm guessing), the width is 168.48ft.

Now, I want to know what this measurement would be in 1:76 scale, as this would give me the required width of the baseboards. What calculation would I need to use in order to convert 168.48ft into 1:6 scale to give me the needed baseboard width?

Cheers,

Matt

Hey all,

I am planning my 00 gauge layout, and I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Using the measurement tool on Google Maps, I have measured the diameter of the area I wish to model, and in 'real' scale (1:1 I'm guessing), the width is 168.48ft.

Now, I want to know what this measurement would be in 1:76 scale, as this would give me the required width of the baseboards. What calculation would I need to use in order to convert 168.48ft into 1:6 scale to give me the needed baseboard width?

Cheers,

Matt

Divide by 76 for 1:76 or if OO / 4mm scale divide by 76.2.

4 foot X 2 foot (1200 x 600mm) is a common size for a model railway baseboard. This works out at 2mm X 1mm on a 1:50000 ordinance survey map, or 4mm X 2mm at 1:25000 (2 1/2" to the mile) for 4mm to 1 foot scale models.

4 foot X 2 foot (1200 x 600mm) is a common size for a model railway baseboard. This works out at 2mm X 1mm on a 1:50000 ordinance survey map, or 4mm X 2mm at 1:25000 (2 1/2" to the mile) for 4mm to 1 foot scale models.

Funnily enough, 4 foot X 2 foot is the size that my baseboards will be :) The area I want to model works out to be 2.2 foot in width, so I would have to loose about 6 cm (probably by minor 'compression') in order to fit it in. That only works out at about 3cm taken from either side of the layout, so that shouldn't really be a problem.

Cheers for the information,

Matt

Funnily enough, 4 foot X 2 foot is the size that my baseboards will be :) The area I want to model works out to be 2.2 foot in width, so I would have to loose about 6 cm (probably by minor 'compression') in order to fit it in. That only works out at about 3cm taken from either side of the layout, so that shouldn't really be a problem.

Cheers for the information,

Matt

I've built a layout with 4'x2.5' boards. They need two people to move them, but I think 4'x2' would as well.

Archived