BRM Guide to... Trackplans & Layout Design VOLUME 2

SteveCole

• Administrators

The BRM Guide to Trackplans & Layout Design VOLUME 2 is now on-sale in WHSmiths stores and will be finding its way into leading model shops around the UK over the coming days! Click here to see some preview pages.

You can also buy it direct from our website (UK post free until Friday!). Click here.

Or, you can buy Volume 1 and Volume 2 as Digital Editions. 

Click here for Volume 1.

Click here for Volume 2.

post-14186-0-32736100-1469702597_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There's an illustration of Ruston Quay on the front, but no plan of it inside.

Julie

P72 and 73 I think (I've only just seen a copy) which covers the design from my initial sketches to the finished layout.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you've got a cheek to charge postage when you sell direct. You are cutting out the "middle men" and making more profit. You could even send it free to BRM subscribers to make up for all the plans you have left out over the years.

Ed

• Administrators

I think you've got a cheek to charge postage when you sell direct. You are cutting out the "middle men" and making more profit. You could even send it free to BRM subscribers to make up for all the plans you have left out over the years.

Ed

We left it with free postage for a number of weeks as a special promotion.

Missed out on the "free postage" offer because the link I had was for subscribers and I didn't have my subscriber id to hand.

Then I couldn't find it in WHS at all (as mentioned above) until this Sunday when I noticed a wad of them stacked in a section reserved for "special issues" and "one off" bookazines, most being non-railway subjects and the railway ones being about "Flying Scotsman, the Worlds Most Famous Train, Officially the First to reach 100 MPH!".

Ahem.

Which is odd, as two other magazines trackplan/layout mags were displayed in the normal Model Railway section, where I'd been looking!

Archived