The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those who like Aircraft pictures

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium

We saw the Airbus during development low flying here.

Like a flying block of flats.

Didn't we used to have one of the Airbus test pilots on RMWeb some years back?

DSC_0047_zpsj36woufc.jpg

Flypast at Fairwood Aerodrome [laughingly known as Swansea Airport]

DSC_0651-Copy_zps955e6a9e.jpg

Farnborough a few years ago

DSC_0614-Copy_zps2565829f.jpg

Ditto

DSC_0554-Copy_zpsb61a53f8.jpg

DSC_0528-Copy_zps4e05fd32.jpg

DSC_0481-Copy_zps1c0a6687.jpg

Almost impossible not to get good shots of these, they are ludicrously photogenic...

DSC_0375-Copy_zpse62c8c58.jpg

Couple of weeks [i think] before the crash. No time to set it up though, it just suddenly appeared behind us and then was gone.

DSC_0297_zps89cc88c4.jpg

I've posted this before. It is, genuinely, upside down.

Tony

Edited by Prometheus
  • Like 15

Here are a few I took at Duxford back in 2014 with my little Olympus point and shoot. Not an ideal camera to take to an air show

Not the best pictures in the world but I thought they came out quite well considering I had to contend with a 2 second lag from pointing to shooting.

Cat

post-14887-0-25126900-1470254545.jpg

Mustang

post-14887-0-57694500-1470254572.jpg

Red Arrows

post-14887-0-51234100-1470254711.jpg

post-14887-0-36908600-1470254679.jpg

post-14887-0-95323700-1470254745.jpg

Andy

• Like 13

hope to be able to add some after this weekend as we are promised the lanc a spit and a hurricane at the saddleworth yanks weekender hoping to get up on ladcastle road with the new 70-300 and gets some pics from near level 

• Like 3

Here are a few that I took at Old Warden, last year. My old Fuji point and shoot isn't very good at shooting moving aircraft.

Bristol Blenheim.

Shuttleworth-209.jpg

Gloster Gladiator.

Shuttleworth-133.jpg

Hawker Demon?

Shuttleworth-089.jpg

DeHavilland Dragon Rapide.

Shuttleworth-032.jpg

• Like 18

Re Ruston' image above, that sir would be a Hawker Hind. Inter-war light bomber. I have an interesting pair of books on the RAF from inception to 1945, there is a third title but I don't have it unfortunately, shows some rare shots of the oft overlooked mid 30's biplane interceptors before they were replaced by the Hurry, Defiant and Spit.

From an ex RAF AVM who retired to Spain where I grew up, he graciously passed into my care a few select old books on the subject.

Lovely shot of the mk.1 Blenheim, always attractive with the 'Knights helmet' cockpit and nose assembly, before the mk.4 with its more common looking nose.

Paragon

Edited by Paragon
  • Like 2

DSC_0047_zpsj36woufc.jpg

Flypast at Fairwood Aerodrome [laughingly known as Swansea Airport]

DSC_0651-Copy_zps955e6a9e.jpg

Farnborough a few years ago

DSC_0614-Copy_zps2565829f.jpg

Ditto

DSC_0554-Copy_zpsb61a53f8.jpg

DSC_0528-Copy_zps4e05fd32.jpg

DSC_0481-Copy_zps1c0a6687.jpg

Almost impossible not to get good shots of these, they are ludicrously photogenic...

DSC_0375-Copy_zpse62c8c58.jpg

Couple of weeks [i think] before the crash. No time to set it up though, it just suddenly appeared behind us and then was gone.

DSC_0297_zps89cc88c4.jpg

I've posted this before. It is, genuinely, upside down.

Tony

Is the third one a Constellation?

Ed

I remember when Fairwood actually had commercial services in the mid-1960s- Dragon Rapides flying to somewhere in Devon and Dan-Air Dakotas going to the Channel Islands.

Fairwood gets very occasional interesting visitors. The most memorable was back in '99 when Air Atlantique DC-3s flew in as part of their oil dispersal duties following the Sea Empress disaster near Milford. I saw three Daks on the apron at the same time, a wonderful sight but - ALAS ! - no camera. We also had a Mosquito overfly some years back. Sadly, all of the de Havilland aircraft left to relcolate further south years ago - it was always good to see them out and about [there was even a Sea Devon in one of the hangers].

In the mid-90s Antonov transports [with Russian registrations] were used briefly to fly live calves out to Europe, before the tade ceased.

Tony

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Beat me to it !

Very sad - anyone know if it is beyond repair ?

Tony

VX281 is being repaired - I believe the airframe is complete, but that a new Centaurus has been acquired for it and the overhaul of this formidably complex engine is ongoing. It is operated by Fly Navy Heritage Trust and their web-site and Facebook page carry more details
  • Like 1

Pics are very good, especially for a point and shoot

All the best

Katy

It's a Fuli S5800. It's a tough camera and it's survived being soaked in a Welsh lead mine, dropped on the floor in a slate mine and being covered in mud in a fireclay mine. It's not bad when you can get the aircraft in the frame but it's a bit like an air-gunner deflection shooting -you have to aim ahead and press the shutter where you think the target will be by the time the electronics have done whatever it is they do.

Here are some I took at Sywell, 2014.

EE Canberra (PR9?)

sywell-059.jpg

Pitts Specials?

sywell-101.jpg

Replica R.A.F. SE5a.

sywell-151.jpg

sywell-129.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

This beauty was looping over West Wittering yesterday...

post-7010-0-32233700-1470389520_thumb.jpg

Not the clearest of shots as it was taken on a Panasonic Lumix FZ72 zoomed out to around 1200mm and handheld. Bloomin amazed it managed to capture anything frankly.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 6