The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those who like Aircraft pictures

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, rob D2 said:

757 used to always cause problems with trailing traffic , and roofs. Very strong wake they reckoned, fortunately I was in it, not behind it, or apologising to Mrs Smith On the high street now her roof was a garden ornament.

There ya go, fixed it for you.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

How times have changed.

RAF Finningley, once part of our defence against the Soviets (although as a training base), is now host to numerous visits by the “Ruskies”.

Royal Flight Airlines, Nordwind etc, etc.....

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

How times have changed.

RAF Finningley, once part of our defence against the Soviets (although as a training base), is now host to numerous visits by the “Ruskies”.

Royal Flight Airlines, Nordwind etc, etc.....

There was an IL62 there the other week

• Informative/Useful 1

One of the 2  "NHS"  liveried A340-600 's, registration 9H-NHS  during crew training at Cardiff Airport, a couple of weeks ago......

57765_1590599828.jpg

A couple of days earlier it was photographed in Tianjin, China, getting ready to depart on one of the regular Medical and PPE supply flights to the UK.

Notice the big bu**er in the background.

22974_1590251201.jpg

The other one, 9H-EAL is seen here at Budapest....

DSC_0774.jpg

...and landing at Bournemouth at the end of a flight from Kuala Lumpur

91757_1588747848.jpg

Cargo in the hold....

774b7765e715d27deb4bb5e997900c20Y29udGVu

....and boxes of supplies occupying seats in the passenger cabin.

Note the overhead lockers full of boxes too.

820d7006f6382a71f725d03d17809394Y29udGVu

Edited by Ron Ron Ron
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

One of the 2  "NHS"  liveried A340-600 's, registration 9H-NHS  during crew training at Cardiff Airport, a couple of weeks ago......

57765_1590599828.jpg

A couple of days earlier it was photographed in Tianjin, China, getting ready to depart on one of the regular Medical and PPE supply flights to the UK.

Notice the big bu**er in the background.

22974_1590251201.jpg

The other one, 9H-EAL is seen here at Budapest....

DSC_0774.jpg

...and landing at Bournemouth at the end of a flight from Kuala Lumpur

91757_1588747848.jpg

Cargo in the hold....

774b7765e715d27deb4bb5e997900c20Y29udGVu

....and boxes of supplies occupying seats in the passenger cabin.

Note the overhead lockers full of boxes too.

820d7006f6382a71f725d03d17809394Y29udGVu

What was the 225 doing there,  that must have been a rare visit 

31 minutes ago, russ p said:

What was the 225 doing there,  that must have been a rare visit 

Not a rare visit at all, looking at its recent flight history. 

The An225 appears to have been a frequent visitor to Tianjin over the last 2 months, ferrying PPE and medical supplies to Europe and North America, as well as other cargo.

It appears to have been carrying out a number of flights between Tianjin and Montreal and Toronto since the 23rd May, with refuelling stops at Nagoya and Anchorage on the eastbound leg and Anchorage on the return to China.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ur-82060

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

Not a rare visit at all, looking at its recent flight history. 

The An225 appears to have been a frequent visitor to Tianjin over the last 2 months, ferrying PPE and medical supplies to Europe and North America, as well as other cargo.

It appears to have been carrying out a number of flights between Tianjin and Montreal and Toronto since the 23rd May, with refuelling stops at Nagoya and Anchorage on the eastbound leg and Anchorage on the return to China.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ur-82060

I think  I got the  wrong end of the stick, and thought it was Doncaster!  I know its been there in the past 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, russ p said:

I think  I got the  wrong end of the stick, and thought it was Doncaster!  I know its been there in the past 

Three times I think. Last two were November 2014 and 2015(inc low level circuit) ;)

• Informative/Useful 1

Here are the times for the AN.225 which some of you might see traversing the UK in the hopefully bright blue skies

The world’s largest aircraft and only six engined transport plane is due to pay an overnight visit to Shannon on Tuesday 9th June and depart the following day. The Antonov An-225 Mriya will be bringing in cargo to be off loaded at Shannon. The crew will stay overnight for a rest period and depart empty to its home base of Gostomel Airport, Kiev in Ukraine. The aircraft has been operating extensively in recent weeks carrying PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment) from China and Japan to Canada via Anchorage. The aircraft will have a very busy day on the 9th June, it is due to leave Almaty International Airport in Kazakstan at 01.00 (GMT times) and fly to Baku with an arrival time of 04.30. It will then continue on to Leipzig in Germany at 06.30 with an expected arrival time of 11.30. After a two hour stopover, it will depart for Shannon where it is expected to arrive at 16.45 (local time) on Tuesday afternoon. Currently, the aircraft is scheduled to depart Shannon at 14.30 on Wednesday afternoon.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I've heard from one of my aviation friends that this is delayed by 24 hours. In aviation things can and do change very quickly, so that may change again.

If I hear anything else I'll post it.

Regards,

Rob

• Agree 1

On 09/06/2020 at 10:44, mezzoman253 said:

I've heard from one of my aviation friends that this is delayed by 24 hours. In aviation things can and do change very quickly, so that may change again.

If I hear anything else I'll post it.

Regards,

Rob

You can track it here,  Traversing Belgium now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ADB3429/24aa823b

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

You can track it here,  Traversing Belgium now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ADB3429/24aa823b

Hi, Thanks, just been alerted by one of my aviation groups members, and it just went over here in 10/10's cloud.

The only day this week with the weather like that, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Further West may be luckier,

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Never seen it. It has transited here before, but either in cloud or I wasn't at home.

Given the current situation it may well be about again. Let's hope so.

Enjoy your trip to SNN and stay safe.

Rob

• Like 1

I thought this picture I took at Fairbanks Alaska a couple of years ago might be of interest. I first saw it from the departure lounge and decided to leave the departure lounge and go back outside to get a couple of pictures. I left my wife and mum in the lounge, quite alarmed that I was going back outside. Regards Robert

alaska_2017_1213.JPG.d95b3e45600e2fdefc2ee9d9da985e9a.JPG

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Took this picture about three weeks ago,the plane was heading west towards Manchester. It was a Saturday,mid afternoon

I havent a clue what it is. I heard it eastbound an hour or so earlier and dashed for my camera but it had gone by the time I got it out. I didn't take my camera in but only managed this shot at extreme zoom (300mm) and then cropped to maximum.

CSC_0130.JPG.9a1d73e4f64dbadd067dc293c6344342.JPG

• Like 3

The de Havilland Tiger Moth had swept wings.  The wings were swept to allow better access to the front cockpit and keep the centre of lift in the corect place.

However, I don't think it is a Tiger Moth!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Jeff Smith said:

The de Havilland Tiger Moth had swept wings.  The wings were swept to allow better access to the front cockpit and keep the centre of lift in the corect place.

However, I don't think it is a Tiger Moth!

The CAA register https://siteapps.caa.co.uk/g-info/ shows all G-Bxxx-registered Moths as DH82A Tiger Moths except:

G-BJAP is a Replica Tiger Moth

G-BPHR is a Tiger Moth (Modified) and

G-BVNG is a DH60 III Moth Major

Unless it's not a Moth at all, they're the options.

• Informative/Useful 1