Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

Set about one of those monotonous tasks this afternoon.  Scribing paving onto card:drag: Utter madness.

This is where I got to before the vaccine kicked in (Feels like I've been hit by a truck).

You can see why I chose to scribe the stones. They do flow nicely around the curves.

503354894_Curvedplatforms.JPG.c4c6d9a5644ae045f392ac7814764307.JPG

Squatch Feeling rather rough...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Something completely different today.

The Queensbury tunnel society need your help. 

There's a petition I'd like you all to sign that might help save the tunnel and give it a new lease of life as the worlds second longest cycle tunnel. Spend tax payers money to fill it in or spend tax payers money to create something marvelous. 

Click on this link.http://queensburytunnel.org.uk/index.shtm

Scroll down to the sign icon in red it should only take less than a minute.

Thanks! Shaun.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Come you lot. 

Do your bit.

Help save that tunnel. (The real one).

Don't give me a like or a friendly. Instead...

Click here  http://queensburytunnel.org.uk/index.shtml

Click on the red pen Icon and type in your name and email

Join the 13,840 (98% in favor) who realize this is important.

Hope you're all well. Shaun 

PS. I started a thread too.

Edited by Sasquatch
Add link
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Signed.

I should point out that I have signed a number of petitions over the years for a range of issues - some controversial, some less so.  Let's just hope the forces of darkness in my country are not in league with the forces of darkness in your country otherwise you may be about to be raided my friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Bogie said:

Signed.

I should point out that I have signed a number of petitions over the years for a range of issues - some controversial, some less so.  Let's just hope the forces of darkness in my country are not in league with the forces of darkness in your country otherwise you may be about to be raided my friend.

Hi Bogie.

Yes I sign quite a few too. Let the forces of darkness come, could be their biggest mistake!

Regards Shaun

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

A big thank you for signing chaps. Every little helps. Lets hope some people come to their senses, like the 98% of folk who have objected to the planning application and realize the true value of Queensbury tunnel. 

If a cycle path is ever built through there it goes on my "Bucket List". (which really isn't very long).

Regards Shaun 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, PhilMortimer said:

Hope you're doing OK with that heat you're having out there and that everyone is safe with the heatwave you are having.

Hi Phil.

We're fine thanks. It reached 109F on Sunday here. 116F in Portland and 121F in Lytton British Columbia. Alarmingly Lytton is now on fire and the town has been ordered to evacuate. There's is also a wildfire heading for Weed California.

Monday we went to Cresent City where the tourists were wearing their coats. It's always quite cool on the coast during summer but the sea was really very warm! On the way home we drove past the 191,125 acre Chetco fire site. Very disturbing to see whole mountains burned.

The drought here is another bad situation. Lakes and streams are drying up at an alarming rate.

I fear things are looking bleak for July, August and September.

As for modeling, well I'm just not getting any done. My mojo seems to have melted!

Regards Shaun  

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

They are a bit excessive, 121f that'll melt the paint of your loco's. Stay safe, keep hydrated.

manna

If they don't melt or burst into flames!

Lots of Mrs. S's plants have shriveled up and the deer are literally having a field day eating the rest while the dogs are indoors.

The wild life is acting strange too. Many lizards and unidentified spiders getting in and there's also an excessive amount of missing pets!

Even saw a great blue heron in the creek. It's an odd year for sure!

Regards Shaun     

• Friendly/supportive 5

It was well over 100F here in Baltimore earlier in the week and that was plenty hot enough, but we have excessive humidity, so the fire risk is low. The north west is getting it bad. I have relatives in the Okanangan valley and they can never remember it being so bad.

Stay safe

PM

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, stevel said:

unfortunately Lytton BC is now 90% gone, with most people loosing everything.

That's terrible and what makes it really disturbing is the latitude. The scientists have brought their catastrophic predictions for the 2050s forward 30 years. It's not just about wild forest fires anymore, we're now loosing whole towns!

5 minutes ago, PhilMortimer said:

It was well over 100F here in Baltimore earlier in the week and that was plenty hot enough, but we have excessive humidity, so the fire risk is low. The north west is getting it bad. I have relatives in the Okanangan valley and they can never remember it being so bad.

Stay safe

PM

We have been milling pine on my buddy's mobile saw mill today we had to stop at 09:30, it was too hot to work! Mind you the sun had got around. Cut off time for any out of doors machinery is 10am anyway so no real loss.

Is it very humid? 100F with humidity will suck the life outta ya!  

Drink plenty of water mate!

Regards Shaun

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

That's terrible and what makes it really disturbing is the latitude. The scientists have brought their catastrophic predictions for the 2050s forward 30 years. It's not just about wild forest fires anymore, we're now loosing whole towns!

We have been milling pine on my buddy's mobile saw mill today we had to stop at 09:30, it was too hot to work! Mind you the sun had got around. Cut off time for any out of doors machinery is 10am anyway so no real loss.

Is it very humid? 100F with humidity will suck the life outta ya!  

Drink plenty of water mate!

Regards Shaun

I live in the shuswap close to the lake and after doing farm chores,  stayed inside after 9:30 am just wished we have AC!!. It was even too hot inside the office on the computer learning Fusion 360 for more than an hour, it sure was nice to work outside today's lower temps.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, stevel said:

I live in the shuswap close to the lake and after doing farm chores,  stayed inside after 9:30 am just wished we have AC!!. It was even too hot inside the office on the computer learning Fusion 360 for more than an hour, it sure was nice to work outside today's lower temps.

Curious, I had to look Shuswap up on Google Earth. Looks like a beautiful area. We both enjoyed our trip to Tofino (quite a few years ago now) and I'd like to see more of BC some day. I've got one friend from Surrey who wants to come back one day and do as much of the Pacific coast on a couple of scooters or bikes and my brother will come back when all this Covid situation blows over. Want to meet him in Calgary  and drive to Vancouver taking in Banff NP and then down to the Rogue Valley. That would take us right through Shuswap!

Regards Shaun  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Curious, I had to look Shuswap up on Google Earth. Looks like a beautiful area. We both enjoyed our trip to Tofino (quite a few years ago now) and I'd like to see more of BC some day. I've got one friend from Surrey who wants to come back one day and do as much of the Pacific coast on a couple of scooters or bikes and my brother will come back when all this Covid situation blows over. Want to meet him in Calgary  and drive to Vancouver taking in Banff NP and then down to the Rogue Valley. That would take us right through Shuswap!

Regards Shaun  

my wife and I love to go to Tofino, been a couple of times and need to go again one day.

Calgary to Vancouver is a beautiful drive, especially if you go down the fraser highway, where the unfortunate Lytton is located.

I'm hoping to get started on wood shop on my property, this fall which will have a full loft, to finally be able to build a model railway.

every attempt in the last 40 years has been pushed aside by life.

• Friendly/supportive 3