Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, ChrisN said:

Where is the 'cry' button when you need it.  You have only just got it down and along comes the dear Doctor.

Do like your rose bay willow herb in the background.

I showed the picture of the signal box to my wife and asked her what was on the bank behind, she said, "Flowers."

I said, "what type?"

"Rose bay willow herbs."

:D Looks like a success to me.

Hi Chris.

How many brownie points do I get for that I wonder? I'll soon have enough for for a whole chocolate banana brownie...:yahoo:

We had problems getting on the interweb first thing. The flip top was very slow probably down to windows7! Mrs. S. and I went to wallyworld and brought a new one. Boy It's so fast I'm going to need a crash helmet.

Regards Shaun

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

This new lap top is a bit of a let down. Doesn't have an SD card port so has rendered my cannon useless and try as I might it wont recognize my phone. How the hell I'm supposed to up load photos and videos to a forum is a total mystery. 

It doesn't even have win-mine for those totally bored moments when your having a sandwich.

Winge over with you'll just have to take my word for it until I get things sorted.

All the decking for the wooden platforms has been given a bath of wood stain and should be dry enough to glue down later.

I have also made some platform walling from the Wills product by gluing the sections together and overlapping them. I taped these to the back of the curved platforms while wet last night. upon removal of the tape this morning the curvatures match the platforms so I'll be painting those along with some other walling details after this post goes up.

No doubt it'll be a productive day after an early start with no pictures to fuss over and the rest of the day free because there's nothing else on the schedule.

Squatch     

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

You can buy USB sticks that you can plug camera memory cards in, for not a lot.  I have a spare one but that is probably not a lot of help.

My phone is only recognised when using one particular cable.  I am not sure why the one that works does work, but you have to select, 'Mass Storage' on it or it only gets charged and not seen.  

Hope you sort it out soon.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

You can buy USB sticks that you can plug camera memory cards in, for not a lot.  I have a spare one but that is probably not a lot of help.

My phone is only recognised when using one particular cable.  I am not sure why the one that works does work, but you have to select, 'Mass Storage' on it or it only gets charged and not seen.  

Hope you sort it out soon.

Hi Chris.

I'll try finding the "mass storage" button, very helpful! Thanks.

Mrs. S. is the techy wizard in our house and she has already ordered some gadget from a rain forest in Latin America apparently!

If all else fails I can email myself pictures with the phone!!! Simple solution but might prove costly.

Turns out there is usually a simple solution for most things like yesterdays wireless failure. The answer's right there, just use a bloomin wire!!!...

...about time we brought a new computer anyway. It was just the kick out the door we needed is guess.

Regards Shaun  

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 25/05/2021 at 18:35, westerhamstation said:

Hi Shaun, this might help. https://www.ebay.com/b/Computer-Memory-Card-Reader-USB-Stick/51082/bn_649388

All the best Adrian.

That's a really useful little gadget, which byepasses all sorts of other "On-Board" systems, amazing what clever devices are available these days.....

Does anyone know if there's a memory card reader for a  74 year old??

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Does anyone know if there's a memory card reader for a  74 year old??

Yes! I'm afraid they're all rather small though.:jester:

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Now the SD card reader has arrived we can see a couple of images of that WD 2-8-0 on engineer's duty.

I also managed to download Picasa3, the program I use to edit the colours in the images.

1129277686_Queensburyengineerstrain(1).JPG.d797014db954a3c98b46f6b887469a68.JPG

2031935965_Queensburyengineerstrain(2).JPG.0f7f805af521614c74ba18d3a6ecfb61.JPG

Squatch  

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Serious looking demo train, I'm getting worried.................:P

manna

All that'll be left soon is a couple of bridges and the station masters house!!!

Squatch

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Due to escalating losses to road transport we regret to announce as of Monday May 23rd 1955 passenger services are being withdrawn. 

1973352291_Queensburyafterclosure(6).JPG.086dbc7ddea4165ed25fa695573539c2.JPG

161316691_Queensburyafterclosure(4).JPG.66e8ee327c604a1a97ee39feb2a8792e.JPG

593979831_Queensburyafterclosure(5).JPG.b3da4b0593cfc014b9c7622543c97a92.JPG

1533306776_Queensburyafterclosure(1).JPG.24e836ad7b1da3abbfb86b658b54b6c0.JPG

414659360_Queensburyafterclosure(2).JPG.6875d4504b96d34cdf551601abe0ad66.JPG

219634965_Queensburyafterclosure(3).JPG.dc908dfb6134c51c91b383e85df83f55.JPG

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

All that'll be left soon is a couple of bridges and the station masters house!!!

Squatch

It does seem to be a bit of a shame, building all that model scenery, knowing it will soon have get removed again.....

Alright, just joking - I hope...    :unsureclear:   Those latest pictures give a really good idea of how it is going to turn out, fantastic work.  Lovely to look at, thank you Shaun.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, jcredfer said:

It does seem to be a bit of a shame, building all that model scenery, knowing it will soon have get removed again.....

Alright, just joking - I hope...    :unsureclear:   Those latest pictures give a really good idea of how it is going to turn out, fantastic work.  Lovely to look at, thank you Shaun.

Hi J.

What's interesting is that the back scene is actually part of the layout in some of those images. It's all due to the fact that it's a triangular layout and the stuff in the background is anything up to 12 feet away!

Thanks for the kind feed back:sungum:

Regards Shaun

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH Noooooooooo!!!!

manna

Seriously good work though, it's at the point where it can go either way. ;)

Hi Manna.

Not a bad idea going in for the demolition aspect. Hardly ever modeled one would imagine.

There's a few monotonous jobs which I'm dragging my heals with and I need to get an order in for some stuff like fences but I'll get there pretty soon. Also when my new pin arrives for my visa card (it's been months) the airco system will take priority. It was bloomin hot in there this afternoon.

Again thanks for the feedback:sungum:

Regards Shaun

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Bogie said:

If a new Visa card pin has not arrived after several months I suspect it ain't ever going to arrive!

It has cost 7 international phone calls. Last time I ended getting someone in India who wanted all my details and who's first question was "What bank are you with". Yeah right lady...  

No doubt it's all down to how digital everything is these days. You can't get to talk to anyone at the bank (unless you want to buy insurance or some other way they have of bleeding you dry with no return) Their app wont work on my phone of which I am skeptical of.

And when the one person I did get to talk to in Brusselles said he generated a new pin for me there's probably some glitch with the machine that prints out the envelope that fails to add the extra postage cost!

I'll stop ranting right there Bogie!

Regards Shaun

Edited by Sasquatch
None (clicked on wrong post!)
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Ay-up lads! Look what we found int' supermarket...

IMG9511800.jpg.955ff16ff22e61897ccda68347e0e998.jpg

Get kettle on dingy we'll have t' nice hot cuppa!

Thars even a picture of Ribblehead viaduct on t' back o box!!!

Anyway we had to go to Medford to get the second covid shot and I also went to get some more paints.

I do wish the producers would stop changing the colour ranges.  Sandstone hasn't been available for some years now but today I took my time to look through all the weird names and found one called jute which looks pretty close. I also grabbed cobblestone, barnwood, leaf green and grass green amongst others.

After two cups of that tea I feel like getting a bit of work done!

Squatch   

Edited by Sasquatch
"I" before "E" except after "C". That's weird!
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Eeh lad! A proper brew!

Tha just needs a yorkshire rascal to go with it from Bettys!!

Baz

Don't know bout rascals but we got two ponds of rhubarb. One pound of which I'm gonna make a crumble... "Toasted Walnut oat crumble" to be precise. Perfect cold with vanilla ice cream and just the ticket cos they're forecasting 104F tomorrow.

Regards Shuan

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Freshly picked tea from the plantations on the hills above Huddersfield cant beat it.

Aha!  That's why it takes longer to brew than other brands, it's the altitude!!!

Regards Shaun

• Like 1
  • Funny 4