Class A3 4-6-2 in O Gauge from Hatton's

Hattons Dave

Thank you very much Brian!!! I´ll try your chosen values and see what happens. My decoder is MX 696KS and I set the values : 2 =5 ,3=40 ,9=98 ,56=77 .  Works quite well, too . Only running backwards at speed step 40  (128) is a bit jerky.

Rgds

Bernd

PS

Is your programmer MXULFA ?

Edited by Franzburg

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Simond said:

I thought it was Hattons too, but it says Heljan...

https://railsofsheffield.com/search?searchTerm=A3

atb

Simon

It also says Heljan on Hatton's site:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/219402/heljan_h7_a3_001_class_a3_4_6_2_2750_papyrus_in_lner_grass_green_with_unstreamlined_corridor_tend/stockdetail.aspx

Which is precisely what it says on the opening post on this topic.;)

Edited by melmerby
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Yes but Hattons commissioned them. Odd they are all saying Heljan. Regardless of Manufacturer. 

17 minutes ago, jay*bobble said:

On rails web site it clearly states Heljan .I know hattons is wholesale but thay where suppose to be exclusively hattons .

Hattons have sold many of their own items through other retailers, it all began last year.

Hattons are a wholesaler and a retailer, the retailers are happy to work together - hence Gaugemaster commissions at Hattons, Kernow commissions at Hattons and vice versa.

It spreads risk and keeps our bricks and mortar model shops alive.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jay*bobble said:

On rails web site it clearly states Heljan .I know hattons is wholesale but thay where suppose to be exclusively hattons .

Does it say exclusive anywhere in Hatton's information?

Whilst they aren't listed under Hattons Originals they are under Limited Editions.  The A3, A4 and Gresley coaches have been heavily promoted by Hattons on their web page and at shows so it has always looked to be a Hattons commission from Heljan as opposed to a Hattons factory commission.

In fact, on their web page the launch was under the Originals tag:

image.png.041a0df33f2da28ae21e0fd444824d1f.png

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jay*bobble said:

If that is the case that the a3s suppose to be limited editions. Then way a rerun of 60103 .Then not that limited are thay .

What does "Limited Edition" really mean?

They are going to make no more than 10, 100, 1000?

Equally it could mean no more will be made after 2019 or 2020 or 2021 etc.

Being pedantic:

Unless they are a fixed number, It could just mean it isn't an open ended production and will cease at some indeterminate time in the future,

Edited by melmerby

Interestingly a friend of mine in the trade has been offered the Hattons/Heljan A3's at trade prices by Hattons. I suspect there may be quite a few shops that have been offered the same and it won't be long before we see them offered for sale.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, jay*bobble said:

Well done to Hattons the production a4 mallard as preserved will have correct paint job on the cab roof .much better than pr production  sample. 

But still no vertical handrail on the cab sides! 

Hattons did say that thay missed them off .so I don't think it would affect your warranty..if you where to fit the hand rails thay left off .some of the a3s have been sent back after people have had them in bits to fit dcc. And no problem thay are a good firm to deal with when it comes to returens. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, jay*bobble said:

No still no vertical cab handrails on the a4 . Lets hope that Hattons pop a bag in the box with matching handrails .that would be a good move .the we can fit them please Hattons would you.

Where would they get "matching handrails" from? If they've not been made, they've not been made.

After that there would be the inevitable models that are attempted to be returned because the modeller had drilled the holes in the wrong place. There are plenty of people who can't/won't plug pre-made details into pre-drilled holes (See ViTrains threads).

• Agree 2