Corby Station (NSE)

blackpete

• RMweb Premium

I have recently come into possession of one of the signs from this station but am struggling to find much information and photos of the station, particularly clear shots of the platform and how many signs there were. Hope someone on this forum can assist.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks for this. Any photo is a bonus. From checking other photos, I think I 'might' have the only sign made for the NSE station. I'm now looking for track plans as I'm thinking of modelling the station

• Like 1

From memory there were four signs on lamposts, a timetable board on the platform, another on the carpark side at the top of the steps and the main station sign on Cottingham Rd. The latter was intact until the site was developed nearly 20 years after services had ceased. The platform is still intact opposite the new platform on the up side.

The NSE designation came from the fact that the service was operated by NSE from Bletchley though it was rare to see an NSE liveried unit on the service, the usual was a 121 or a 108 in blue and grey. One of the bubble cars had a Corby Borough coat of arms on the bodyside.

Someone with a timetable might be able to confirm but I seem to remember that there was a through service from either Bletchley or Bedford which brought the unit North early in the morning but I don't think there was a corresponding southbound service at night, that was ECS.

• Informative/Useful 1