Unnamed depot layout - EWS/FGW

MRC_Jacob

Well, my first post on here, lets make it a interesting one!

Here we have a unnamed EWS/FGW depot that was already in progress when I took on the project. I bought this layout in two parts, this depot (Which I'm focusing on) and a Clay Drys half.

The layout was formally known as "Bugle Road TMD" and was based in Cornwall within the BR era. Now however it is a modern image depot with EWS and First Great Western making use of it. Still based in Cornwall it will house Class 66s, 60s and 37s off the clay and other workings with First Great Western 150 and 153 units being stabled there. Of course, I'm not limiting it to these locos and of course there will be some variety like the odd DRS 37 or Colas 56 (Of which you'll see in pics!)

If anyone has any suggestions about the layout and what I can do with it please let me know and all comments are welcome!

Thanks

post-23789-0-34434700-1470594090_thumb.jpg

post-23789-0-81068200-1470594092_thumb.jpg

post-23789-0-52248100-1470594100_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Hi

Looks good......

How will the two 'layouts/boards' fit together...Roundy roundy or end to end ?

Looking forward to progress....

Cheers Bill

At the moment it's an end to end with the plans of being used as a exhibition layout. It has down the rounds before in Cornwall with a previous owner being run under the BR era.  

• RMweb Premium

Another picture!

This time of some new additions, that are not trains! A ambulance and fire engine with working lights. 

Just to add something to the layout :)

Also a EWS 67 and 08 on the depot.

All comments welcome again!

My sort of layout .......

I have a DRS TMD layout called "Oil Drum Lane" and is great fun to run at exhibitions or at home.

Mainly DRS stock but visiting Network Rail locomotives visit for refuelling

I will be at Warley this year and Stafford & Glasgow in 2017

2018 bookings being Preston & DEMU so far

Come and say hello

Terry

• Like 2

Looks good - I think the EWS depot at st blazey stabled FGW units used on the Newquay ?

Maybe get some fuel pumps, offices, washer plant to increase the play value ?

Usually they are stabled at Chapel Sidings (Siding next to the UP main) - may of been put in BZ years ago but GWR and DBS (Who own BZ) don't tend to work together or share space! (Apart from on my depot where anything goes! ;) )

Yeah, I've got some free space to put stuff, fuel would be a good plan! 

Thanks!

• Like 1

My sort of layout .......

I have a DRS TMD layout called "Oil Drum Lane" and is great fun to run at exhibitions or at home.

Mainly DRS stock but visiting Network Rail locomotives visit for refuelling

I will be at Warley this year and Stafford & Glasgow in 2017

2018 bookings being Preston & DEMU so far

Come and say hello

Terry

Very nice! Quite like the DRS livery, I have two DRS 37s with sound (one with newer lighting clusters) which will show up every now and then. Apart from that mostly EWS and FGW around these parts! 

Unfortunately all the large shows are too far away for me but who knows! Maybe one day.

Thanks

Re sharing the depot, Exeter TMD is regularly visited by the DRS operated test trains (fuel for the locos and coaches) and also occasionally a Colas 60 or 70 will put in an appearance for fuel, so it is prototypical.

• Like 1