Small Parts Turning Service

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of or recommend a company (or individual) who can turn small brass components. Specifically, I need four brass track roller gauges, drilled and tapped through the centre to M4 (metric course series), parted at centre point and then faced off to leave parallel faces.

Incase anyone is wondering this is to help with gauge widening on tighter than ideal curves, hence I want an adjustable set which can be achieved by spinning the two halves down an M4 brass stud and locking in position on the outside edges with nuts.

Any help or recommendation gratefully received.

Pete

Hi. Sorry to intervene. How much do you want to widen the gauge? I say this because M4 is 0.7 mm pitch which I think may be coarse for your application. To reset the gauge so it's true, accurately, given the play on the thread, I fear may result in some hair being torn out. How about two gauges, one split with shims (very thin washers effectively) between two halves to get the correct and repeatable dimension? Just a suggestion.

T

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of or recommend a company (or individual) who can turn small brass components. Specifically, I need four brass track roller gauges, drilled and tapped through the centre to M4 (metric course series), parted at centre point and then faced off to leave parallel faces.

Incase anyone is wondering this is to help with gauge widening on tighter than ideal curves, hence I want an adjustable set which can be achieved by spinning the two halves down an M4 brass stud and locking in position on the outside edges with nuts.

Any help or recommendation gratefully received.

Pete

Pete if you PM me I might be able to sort you out.

Marc

Archived