On 30/03/2020 at 15:18, Rugd1022 said:

A corker from the lens of Phil Clarke : the north end of Crewe station in late '72, 83 011 had gained its new Tops number in February while 84 008 was done in August....

AL Leckies at Crewe 1972 Phil Clarke.jpg

Interesting picture, the AL5 on the left (E3085) still has the as built cab roof dome with drainage "slots" above the cab front and side windows, whilst the AL5 on the right (E3080) has the revised roof dome with the slots infilled and proper gutters added.  Interesting comparison and shows that the Bachmann model was very well researched in modelling these differences.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...

I've no idea who they were unveiling the name, i was just passing by at the time, and it was swmbo who said take a pic' i would'nt normally bother with owt like that.   Whilst i'm here, here's a few bad pics' of an 80 something? Stabled on SP depot 1980 on wheel skates.  From memory it sat there for a few days, but do's anyone know what would cause this loco' to be put on them?

1-5-2018_03682_(4).jpg

1-5-2018_03382 (2).jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

I've no idea who they were unveiling the name, i was just passing by at the time, and it was swmbo who said take a pic' i would'nt normally bother with owt like that.   Whilst i'm here, here's a few bad pics' of an 80 something? Stabled on SP depot 1980 on wheel skates.  From memory it sat there for a few days, but do's anyone know what would cause this loco' to be put on them?

Usually a siezed traction motor or failed bearings. But could be serious wheel flats too...

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see this on trains. Hopefully a rake of matching Mk2s or Mk3s. 

87 002 approaching Parkside Junction heading for Preston on another Crewe - Preston crew training turn. 9th June 2020.

87_002_1.png

Edited by 44690
  • Like 19

21 hours ago, Jack374 said:

I went to the WCML more recently to see 87002 on its maiden push-pull test run with LSL...how many years since it last pushed a DVT?

A report elsewhere suggests the last time before this that a class 87 propelled a DVT formation was on 22/12/2006 and the locomotive was also 87002.

Edited by DY444
  • Informative/Useful 2