LAYOUT SPECIAL: BRM SEPTEMBER + FREE DVD

SteveCole

I enjoyed this edition. 

Of particular note was the large picture of Drewry Lane over two pages showing the whole layout. We need more of this. The close ups are amazing, but I'd like to see more 'zoomed out' shots to get an idea of the whole layout. Shots of fiddle yards are also nice and we don't get many. Maybe a 'dirty' page at the end of the article showing the layout fully?

I'm on the fence with the track plan section. As a digital subscriber, they are all mixed up in each one and I can't 'rip' them out to keep. I much prefer the 'annual' type edition with all the track plans in on place.

I agree, where possible overview pictures are nice, but I understand it won't always be possible or viable for various reasons. Views of how people do things behind the scenes also has merit. Though again, some people don't like showing off that aspect, as they view it as spoiling the 'picture' so to speak, which is fair enough.

The track plans issues are fairly good I found (i got them digitally with expiring google play credit, so effectively free (it was free credit)).

Archived