New N gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 electric locomotive project

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

Yep, that's the N gauge one in the foreground, there was also the original 'N' gauge one as shown last year at Warley, which is actually more like Z gauge (by accident). The N gauge one is the same one that's been doing the rounds for a while.

Spot on! RevolutioN have partnered up with someone we can actually trust blindly.

Or in fact don't need to trust blindly, because they've delivered a working EP pretty quickly in the scale of model development.

Rather than continuing to hawk around a 3D printed lump that looks like some vaguely melted Lego! :)

• RMweb Premium

And a production UK-prototype n gauge model.

Is the news out yet about this though? Doesn’t seem to be on Dave’s website, but I thought the embargo was until today? Can someone in receipt of the message tell us what it said?

Or in fact don't need to trust blindly, because they've delivered a working EP pretty quickly in the scale of model development.

Rather than continuing to hawk around a 3D printed lump that looks like some vaguely melted Lego! :)

And let's not forget they've made an amazing Pendolino and TEA tanker already and have many more amazing stuff to come.

• RMweb Premium

So can anyone share the N gauge announcement email? Given Dave's 10 days is now long passed and the information isn't on his website still. The OO gauge one is on the relevant thread - is it the same info?

• RMweb Premium

So can anyone share the N gauge announcement email? Given Dave's 10 days is now long passed and the information isn't on his website still. The OO gauge one is on the relevant thread - is it the same info?

i have one on order but did not get a Email so not sure if the N gaugers got one

John

• RMweb Premium

To be fair they seem to be relating to Dave's assertions regarding the previous factory. It's common knowledge that he's changed factory and the work (including CADs) was kept by the original factory. The ambiguity appears to be that people had read that as Dave being ripped off, which is clearly only one side of the story, and there may now be someone trying to provide a more balanced view.

However, that's all historic, and aside from being a bit of noise it shouldn't impact on the project going forward, so I remain interested in the state of the project. I imagine those who have actually paid for one do too, given many seem to have missed the email!

• 3 weeks later...
  • AY Mod locked this topic