NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

As you are all probably aware, I launched 2 crowdfunding initiatives recently for the Class 92 electric locomotive.

This has been very successful and both are proceeding apace.

Deposits have been taken for those that have registered an interest and cad/cam design is at an advanced stage for both locomotives.

However, what hasn’t been shown before is the crowdfunded price and cad/cams in both gauges.

So today I am delighted to announce the RRP for when the model eventually goes to the retail market, and the Crowdfunded prices and bonuses for those wanting more than 1 locomotive.

I am also showing for the first time, the N gauge models cad/cam’s in 3 parts, to show the detail going into the N gauge class 92 that will make it a market leading N gauge locomotive for the gauge.

With a lot of assistance from Brush Traction, GBRF and Caledonian Railways, I have had unfettered access to the locomotives enabling measurements to be double checked against published and in house drawings, and over 1000 high resolution close up photographs of every part of the real thing, enabling the design to come to fruition ready for tooling with very few alterations needed to make the loco ‘just right’.

The cad/cam designs attached aren’t the finished article and those with sharp eyes will readily spot the areas that need adjustment. These are expected to take another 7-14 days.

As you can see from the N gauge cad design here, the roof (apart from being wrong in a few places) has lots of shiny sections on various assemblies. These are in fact added etched steel grilles and detail parts. Some of you might also see the fan in its bell housing below 1 particular grille. This shows you the level of detail going into the N gauge version and you can probably imagine how the OO version will end up like.

It is worth noting that every different colour you see is a different component and this model will have lots more colour on future iterations.

These are models for the modeller.

Now to the prices……

The benefits of Crowdfunding are sometimes ‘blurry’ and you don’t really get to see any benefit to waiting for the model to come to fruition and paying up front. Well, I agree. And as such, in keeping with the American system of doing this process, I am offering a fair bonus for those that want to buy more than 1 and a very fair price for a single model……and there are no limits to the amount of models you can order.

The N gauge Class 92 will have, when it eventually gets released to the trade, an RRP of £139.95 per model

The Crowd Funded N gauge Class 92 will cost, for the first model ordered £115.00!

Any subsequent models ordered after the first one will cost £105.00 each! (YES £105.00 each)

Sound Versions will be an extra £90.00 for each model ordered.

These prices do not include postage, which will be at cost worldwide, and be added to the final invoice. You can order as many at £105.00 as you wish, and if you want to order multiple models in the same livery, please mail me directly info@djmodels.co.uk and I’ll invoice for the total deposit payable.

Crowdfunding will stay open until January 31st as that is when I expect to be into the tooling phase of the model. And if all goes well show EP samples around April taking into account Chinese New Year delays and restarts etc.

The OO version will, despite the N gauge version being pretty good already, have more finesse within the details, and be along at around the same time, give or take a few weeks. (subject to factory slots etc).

I’ll publish cad/cams of this as and when I get them.

The OO gauge Class 92 will have, when it eventually gets released to the trade, an RRP of £159.95 per model

The Crowd Funded Class 92 will cost for the first model ordered £134.95

Any subsequent models ordered after the first one will cost £119.95 each!

Sound Versions will be an extra £95.00 for each model ordered.

These prices do not include postage, which will be at cost worldwide, and be added to the final invoice. You can order as many at £119.95 as you wish, and if you want to order multiple models in the same livery, please mail me directly info@djmodels.co.uk and I’ll invoice for the total deposit payable.

Crowdfunding will stay open until January 31st as that is when I expect to be into the tooling phase of the model. And if all goes well show EP samples around April taking into account Chinese New Year delays and restarts etc.

Please remember that no running number / livery combination will be repeated after Crowdfunding.

There is more great news to announce on both of these projects and I will do so as and when contracts are signed and sealed.

Please visit my website to order your model or models at www.djmodels.co.uk or any of the online forums and the press for releases when I have them to publish.

Please remember that the pictures below of the cad/cam are for the N gauge model only, OO versions will appear here shorty.

post-1144-0-95740500-1480163220_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-13264900-1480163232_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-65842600-1480163242_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Hi Dave

they look great. A couple of questions:

1) I still have not received my invoice for the sleeper 92 in OO

2) I'm confused by the price, is it £135 or £120, as you state:

Any subsequent models ordered after the first one will cost £124.95 each!

You can order as many at £119.95 as you wish

regards,

Darryl

Damned good prices Dave ( having just seen Hornbys price for 87)

Thanks mate,

But I look at it this way.....there's no profiteering in crowdsourcing projects* and as such I don't have problems with stock holding etc, as each will be pre sold.

Once crowdsourcing is completed, I can then consider selling alternate versions and liveries to the trade to actually make a wage.

This way the crowdsourcers gets a damn good deal, all the monies raised don't get diluted through going through various production / agent chains and as much money as possible stays within the U.K. And that last one cannot be a bad thing, can it?

*My money is made from subsequently owning the tooling, and as I'm not part time in this without an alternate wage, it's important I do make some money, albeit eventually. Lol

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi Dave

they look great. A couple of questions:

1) I still have not received my invoice for the sleeper 92 in OO

2) I'm confused by the price, is it £135 or £120, as you state:

Any subsequent models ordered after the first one will cost £124.95 each!

You can order as many at £119.95 as you wish

regards,

Darryl

Hi Daryll,

Sorry for the confusion. I've altered the pricing good accordingly.

As for your invoice, can you re order please as I cannot find you on my system.

I'll invoice you immediately for the deposit once received and you will get an automated receipt from PayPal for your deposit.

Cheers

Dave

The OO gauge Class 92 will have, when it eventually gets released to the trade, an RRP of £159.95 per model

Any subsequent models ordered after the first one will cost £119.95 each!

Thanks Dave, what a splendid chap you are :locomotive: Oh and I'm quite happy with all wheel geared drive!

Graham

Well if thats the N version the 00 Version will be fantastic. Any idea when you'll be requesting the next batch of monies?

Hi mate,

I'll be requesting the next batch of monies once the cad cam is completed. I'd say it is currently (on the N gauge one) about 75% of where I want it to be.

Once I've got the real detail on it, I'll be getting happier.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Daryll,

Sorry for the confusion. I've altered the pricing good accordingly.

As for your invoice, can you re order please as I cannot find you on my system.

I'll invoice you immediately for the deposit once received and you will get an automated receipt from PayPal for your deposit.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, you need to update the pricing on your website too. Still shows £124.95 for the subsequent OO models.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been asked a lot of questions on the projects while i've been away and will spend some of tomorrow collating and answering these questions, putting it as a Q & A on my website and on here tomorrow in both N and OO gauge sections.

Did you ever do this Q&A?

• 4 weeks later...

Also, with the valances, will two be provided in the detailing pack and will all detailing be fitted by the modeller?

Hi Ben,

I shall keep the crowdfunding open for about a month after tooling starts to allow from drop out investors and new ones taking up the slack as they see the project turn viable.

This worked well with the 71, so should work ok here too.

As for valances, there will be 1 set of valances in the accessory bag and 1 set with coupling hole attached to the loco ex factory. there will be enough air pipes etc for both ends, although it will be possible to buy extra sets if needed.

cheers

Dave

Hi Ben,

I shall keep the crowdfunding open for about a month after tooling starts to allow from drop out investors and new ones taking up the slack as they see the project turn viable.

This worked well with the 71, so should work ok here too.

As for valances, there will be 1 set of valances in the accessory bag and 1 set with coupling hole attached to the loco ex factory. there will be enough air pipes etc for both ends, although it will be possible to buy extra sets if needed.

cheers

Dave

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm sorry if this has already been raised here but when will tooling commence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben,

I shall keep the crowdfunding open for about a month after tooling starts to allow from drop out investors and new ones taking up the slack as they see the project turn viable..............

cheers

Dave

Good day Dave,

Been thro this topic and would appreciate some clarification of order process and current estimated timescales please - .

I went onto your website a few days ago following the link in your post 455 of 26 Nov 2016 and " expressed an interest ..." for two x Class 92 and filled in the contact details including Email address

I got an on-screen acknowledgement of the interest and piecing together what others have said in previous posts I expected shortly after to get either an automated or manual response Email saying your reference will be "xxxxxx" pay  something like £30 per model towards the development process to date to a specific "paypal? account".

Hopefully I was not the only one to do this in the last few days, so even more hopefully this means you are overwhelmed by the demand  and the project is a flyer but I haven't actually been asked for any money as yet  - should I (and presumably others (?) who have recently registered)  be worried that my (our) participation has really been registered/accepted?

Finally do you yet have a feel for for the stage payment proportions and their timescales (in indicative terms only - non-contractual, non-binding and for planning purposes only :) ............. would I be miles out if I assumed the initial £30/model would get project to end of cad queries, 50% of balance in say around mid-2017 for start of tooling and a final one for say start of production towards end 2017 [or early/mid 2018 !!] etc) .

Regards

• Like 1

Good day Dave,

Been thro this topic and would appreciate some clarification of order process and current estimated timescales please - .

I went onto your website a few days ago following the link in your post 455 of 26 Nov 2016 and " expressed an interest ..." for two x Class 92 and filled in the contact details including Email address

I got an on-screen acknowledgement of the interest and piecing together what others have said in previous posts I expected shortly after to get either an automated or manual response Email saying your reference will be "xxxxxx" pay  something like £30 per model towards the development process to date to a specific "paypal? account".

Hopefully I was not the only one to do this in the last few days, so even more hopefully this means you are overwhelmed by the demand  and the project is a flyer but I haven't actually been asked for any money as yet  - should I (and presumably others (?) who have recently registered)  be worried that my (our) participation has really been registered/accepted?

Finally do you yet have a feel for for the stage payment proportions and their timescales (in indicative terms only - non-contractual, non-binding and for planning purposes only :) ............. would I be miles out if I assumed the initial £30/model would get project to end of cad queries, 50% of balance in say around mid-2017 for start of tooling and a final one for say start of production towards end 2017 [or early/mid 2018 !!] etc) .

Regards

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, i've been away for a few days.

when you pre-order your 92's via my web site i get a notification from the website. Sometimes, due to a glitch, you wont.

The invoice details are then fed into paypal and an invoice sent to both the orderer and myself as a check and balance.

Once paid, you get moved to the 'deposit paid' section of my system to await the progress and another invoice for the 50% balance invoice sending.

Once CNY is over, so about 2 weeks i will invoice the 50% balance deposit invoice to everyone, as i understand metal cutting will start within a few weeks of then once the tool has been laid out in both N and OO gauge models. (this should take in total around 2 months)

Once a first EP in either gauge is produced and accepted (assuming that no problems are found in the model) then i will invoice you all for the remaining 50% balance and postage for the model / models.

The rest of the step is roughly a month to 6 weeks for 2nd EP, then about 4-6 weeks for painted samples and then about 6 weeks production and 6 weeks transportation to the UK, then about a week to get sent out to you all.

So the time frame is quite compact now, and about to start rolling quite quickly as soon as CNY is over.

Hope this helps?

cheers

Dave

• Like 2