NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Does anyone know what the current status of this Class 92 project is at the moment?

Since Dave has stepped away this forum for whatever reasons (maybe getting too hot) and now communicating directly to some of his crowd funding customers via email I can't find anything about the current status of the Class 92 even on his own website, sorry but has this project now become a closely guarded secret???

Obviously I've not put up any money towards this project, have my own reasons, thus you could easily say shut up & move on because I have no vested interest but I actually do since Kernow are advertising and inviting pre-orders for the DJM Class 92 thus to me that isn't any different to any other pre-order that I have done before hence why I would like to know where it's at and expected eta for delivery.

I've got a decent rake of ICA's thus flipping a coin on whether to buy the new Hatton's Class 66 in EWS or one of DJM's Class 92's so yeah I'm a potential customer via the Kernow route.

There should be an update on DJM's website in a week or so.

I'm not all that comfortable with receiving "insider information" as a crowd-funder ahead of everyone else. It feels unnecessarily divisive when we're all meant to be helping each other on forums, and can't think why there needs to be a delay in telling everyone the project status (fine for crowdfunders to get other benefits such as being first in the queue for actual models if they come in batches, but information can be given to everyone at the same time without putting anyone out) 

However, i'll go along with the request to not release the information given to us.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wishing to bring this back on topic if possible but photo of current progress as taken on DJModels stand at Warley 2018 . . .

(Apologies for quality but was taken on my mobile at the time)

A genuine question - Would this happen to be the same 3D print that was on the DJ Models stand at Warley 2017?

Cheers

Rob

I have had 4 requests to send the email on from people who didn't receive the email. I have happily sent it on but won't be doing anymore. The question is why they didn't get the email in the first place. Has their email changed or has Dave lost them. How many people are unaware of the email and who won't know when they can pay their second deposit when that email comes. I think Dave may need a change to his communication policy.

I have an order for  2 x 92s, paid deposits for both , but have not received any recent emails.last being 20 january 2017, that being confirmation of deposit

I have an order for  2 x 92s, paid deposits for both , but have not received any recent emails.last being 20 january 2017, that being confirmation of deposit

Contact Dave through his website and ask to be put back on the mailing list. I had to do this myself. It would seem that his list has gaps in it.

• RMweb Gold

Not sure it is - Looks a much more refined 3D print as the details are certainly more visible on this one (And no odubt the more eagle eyeyed will spot the differences if there are any of course).

(Ref 2017 print below)

Or perhaps it’s the 2017 version with a coat of grey primer.

Darius

I asked you where your evidence was to make your libellous assertion.

Hi Andy

libel would a false statement that would be damaging to his reputation.

I have simply restated what he has himself said earlier in this thread - so libel it is not.

If you are referring to the factory - then it is not libel on my behalf to repeat what Dave has himself said. At best it would be hearsay and there is nothing wrong about that - again not libel.

I am not trying to provoke anger. A lot of genuine concern is still going around about his business but in the end all businesses are founded on trust.

If potential customers have doubts and can't afford the financial hit - don't invest.

On my part I am taking 'the gamble' because I would like to see this model come to fruition and having spoken with Dave I feel I can trust that he will deliver.

Importantly for me I felt that (at least while he was still on RMWeb) that Dave would listen to feedback about design issues.

I appreciate the warning and I am sure if anything I had said was in any way libellous, Moderators would have moved in to take the post down.

Hopefully we can move on to seeing a new EP.

In either case if Dave no longer seems interested in posting - perhaps it was time this thread was locked down

If you are referring to the factory - then it is not libel on my behalf to repeat what Dave has himself said. At best it would be hearsay and there is nothing wrong about that - again not libel.

A - Where has it been said?

B - Repeating 'hearsay' is not a defence for making a libellous accusation.

C - It is not 'RMweb' making the accusation, it is you, personally.

I'll go with shutting this thread down as nobody is getting any value out of it anymore and the one person who could actually provide meaningful updates has moved on and is utilizing other forms of communication to his customers directly...plus this thread has been getting a bit toxic.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold

I'll go with shutting this thread down as nobody is getting any value out of it anymore and the one person who could actually provide meaningful updates has moved on and is utilizing other forms of communication to his customers directly...plus this thread has been getting a bit toxic.

If the thread is locked then how does info about the model get to the wider market. It's already been shown that emails about possible progress don't always get received by those that have ordered.

I find it a very strange business model to pursue many avenues of publicity,  then to withdraw from them half way through a project.

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Premium

Before I start the comment I wish to make, let me make it clear that, as of the present time, I have no interest in anything DJ Models is in the process of producing, in any scale or by any funding method. However, I do keep and eye on these threads as the next project DJM announce might be the very item which is at the top of my wish list, in which case progress, or not, of other projects becomes relevant to me.

---

Having said that, I am rather concerned that people want this thread (and others like it) locked because Dave chooses not to post here any more. That, in itself, might seem a sensible way of going, but what about other manufacturers? I can think of two who ignore RMWeb completely, one who has a presence, but rarely posts and another who doesn't post direct, but will quickly provide answers to any questions Andy Y asks directly. So, where do you draw the line? Arguably none of the above are active on RMWeb in the way that Dave once was, and in which some others still are. So does Andy lock discussions on all those manufacturers' products? Does that lock then extend to discussions about products once released, simply because the manufacturer chooses not to be active here?

Sure we do seem to be going round and round on some of these topics, maybe for good reason, but I trust Andy Y and the other moderators to step in when a line has been crossed.

If the thread is locked then how does info about the model get to the wider market. It's already been shown that emails about possible progress don't always get received by those that have ordered.

I find it a very strange business model to pursue many avenues of publicity,  then to withdraw from them half way through a project.

Before I start the comment I wish to make, let me make it clear that, as of the present time, I have no interest in anything DJ Models is in the process of producing, in any scale or by any funding method. However, I do keep and eye on these threads as the next project DJM announce might be the very item which is at the top of my wish list, in which case progress, or not, of other projects becomes relevant to me.

---

Having said that, I am rather concerned that people want this thread (and others like it) locked because Dave chooses not to post here any more. That, in itself, might seem a sensible way of going, but what about other manufacturers? I can think of two who ignore RMWeb completely, one who has a presence, but rarely posts and another who doesn't post direct, but will quickly provide answers to any questions Andy Y asks directly. So, where do you draw the line? Arguably none of the above are active on RMWeb in the way that Dave once was, and in which some others still are. So does Andy lock discussions on all those manufacturers' products? Does that lock then extend to discussions about products once released, simply because the manufacturer chooses not to be active here?

Sure we do seem to be going round and round on some of these topics, maybe for good reason, but I trust Andy Y and the other moderators to step in when a line has been crossed.

Yes agreed both valid responses and I was just making a suggestion based on the most recent posts which to me have become a bit coarse especially when libel accusations are being thrown around.

I don't mind either way what happens to this thread and I guess we'll have to just rely on DJM's crowd funding customers to provide updates or go to his website because like yourselves, and what I have mentioned before, I want to see the progress of this model if it get's completed and into customer's hands and onto Kernow's shelves which is where I will come into it to purchase if the product meets expectations which I certainly hope it does.

• Like 3

I'm not sure I understand what accusation I am supposed to be making but I know what to do as I'm not trawling through all those pages...!

I'd rather redact that and have a cup of tea.

Give me a moment...

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure I understand what accusation I am supposed to be making but I know what to do as I'm not trawling through all those pages...!

I'd rather redact that and have a cup of tea.

Give me a moment...

Unluckily for you, you are unable to edit the posts that carry your initial accusation.

• RMweb Gold

I'd have thought that was easy. Lock the thread now to prevent all the argumentative messages that are doing us no good whatever, then when Dave wants to post something unlock it.

• Like 1

I'd have thought that was easy. Lock the thread now to prevent all the argumentative messages that are doing us no good whatever, then when Dave wants to post something unlock it.

I think Dave should have posted his intention not to post here anymore with a link to his website. I also think he should have posted the newsletter on the website the same time he sent it out then those with a vested interest know where to look. Where there is an information vaccum people will look to fill it with truths/ half truths and fiction which does not do anyone any good.

Mark

I think Dave should have posted his intention not to post here anymore with a link to his website. I also think he should have posted the newsletter on the website the same time he sent it out then those with a vested interest know where to look. Where there is an information vaccum people will look to fill it with truths/ half truths and fiction which does not do anyone any good.

Mark

Yes that would have been the sensible thing to do considering a few of his crowd funding customers didn't even get the latest email or newsletter from DJM which I'm sure wouldn't have gone down too well...the hole just seems to be getting deeper   :scratchhead:

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold

I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that Dave has decided not to spend so much time on RMweb and I bet there are a few others on here who are refularly told that sort of thing by their wives (not that I'm suggesting Dave is under any sort of domestic cosh).  But obviously he has decided the best way to communicate with his customers is via the route he has now adopted.  And of course, as a supplier of models, he is not alone in taking that path so there is nothing 'odd' or even 'unusual' about it - just that he has changed his communication approach.  And what I presume was in his 'embargoed' emails is now on his website anyway.

The other side of the coin is exactly as happens with other 'manufacturers' - however they advertise, promote, or sell their products the product usually ends up being discussed somewhere or other on this forum.  That is human nature encouraged by contemporary near instantaneous communications.  What we used to discuss such things in model railway shops (and some of us still do so discuss them in such places)  nowadays spreads to a much wider, usually faceless, audience and I doubt that will ever stop now that the genie is well and truly out of the bottle.  The  problem with this means of communicating is that it can be one-sided, things can be taken out of context and, in this day and age there also seems to be an increasing lack of care in the way various words or terms are used -  any of which can lead to flare ups or interminable debates about the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin.

Here however one thing is simple -Dave has changed his avenue of communication so he at least won't be 'wasting' his valuable time on RMweb.  But surely that is no reason to lock threads and stifle debate by others?

• Like 4