NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

21 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

If it saves people losing their hard earned cash all the better. 

One wonders if Accurascale had not announced their 92 would any progress have been made to the dj version.

Given the recent pick up in speed before the Accurascale one appeared, I think the message sank in that he needs (or maybe his factory needs) to start delivering. Because it is only going to get tougher for DJM further down the road. Yet some excellent projects being delivered can reverse all that.

Time will tell if we are passing into a brighter era for DJM or not.

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Great Western said:

This thread is being moderated now, two of my comments have been deleted.

When you go too far; yes.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Great Western said:

I was asking why people continue to have faith when the track record is so poor ? 

No; your comment was removed because you were insulting. Don't try and paint yourself as a hard done by martyr.

To get the thread back OT...yesterday I emailed Dave at about 2:30pm (having looked over the CADs) and advised him of a couple of pieces of roof tooling which didn’t look 100% right to my untrained eye. He got back to me before 5pm and cleared up a couple of questions I also asked, as well as asking me to elaborate on what I'd picked up. After a few more email exchanges, it turns out there was a small error which was easily rectifiable at this stage. For me this is an excellent example of a manufacturer listening (and being proactive) and providing a prompt and informative response.

So in answer to a previous post, I certainly continue to have faith in DJM and this project, and look forward to seeing the finished product. As has also been said, a poor track record can indeed be rectified.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So just to be clear, are will still looking at the total price of £130 with DJM direct and about £145 when finally on general sale? With Accurascale we are look at £160?

Am I right in that so far (whilst looking good with wagons) Accurascale have no track record on locos to go on (but look promising as i say)?

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, sanspareil said:

So just to be clear, are will still looking at the total price of £130 with DJM direct and about £145 when finally on general sale? With Accurascale we are look at £160?

I think this is the case, although an email to Dave to clarify should provide an answer. The latest newsletter states that we should sit tight for now, and when second payments are invoiced we can 'buy' the loco we want on the new website and take it from there. All deposits will be honoured according to the newsletter. It also states that any crowdfunders wishing to purchase further models will be able to at the (presumably original) crowdfunder price.

As I say, an email will undoubtedly clear this up.

Jack.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanspareil said:

Am I right in that so far (whilst looking good with wagons) Accurascale have no track record on locos to go on (but look promising as i say)?

This is a difficult one - I don't think you can go off previous form here unless Dave is using the exact same mechanicals as his class 71.

You're correct Accurascale and it's sister company Irish Model Railways are in the middle of commissioning their first locomotives - A class, Deltic and class 92s but Dave's last locomotives didn't fair too well with people, the closest comparison would be the class 71 where people have views on it's top speed and power, it would be hoped this is dealt with on the class 92.  But it should also be borne in mind that the 92 may not be coming from the same factory as the 71 so there may be actually nothing to compare against meaning both parties are working on trust that their model will perform.

In reality, i doubt either party will deliver a duff model, it's who you want to purchase off that matters.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

Out of interest, do you lot moderate the brm magazine facebook page?

That's generally the office.

• RMweb Premium
On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:45, BR(S) said:

I don't think a link has been posted to this yet on the BRM website:

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/reviews/dj-models/news-dj-models-class-92-cad-nears-completion

Impressible level of attached details. Not having seen a Class 92 close up from above, I'm curious as to what purpose the spoked wheel (inside the rectangle shown in pink) serves on the real thing.

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, pheaton said:

its a cooling fan of some description, couldnt tell you what for.

And will be under an etched grille.

According to the latest info from Dave, some of the etched grilles have been left off the CAD images

• Agree 1

On 13/03/2019 at 15:04, woodenhead said:

This is a difficult one - I don't think you can go off previous form here unless Dave is using the exact same mechanicals as his class 71.

You're correct Accurascale and it's sister company Irish Model Railways are in the middle of commissioning their first locomotives - A class, Deltic and class 92s but Dave's last locomotives didn't fair too well with people, the closest comparison would be the class 71 where people have views on it's top speed and power, it would be hoped this is dealt with on the class 92.  But it should also be borne in mind that the 92 may not be coming from the same factory as the 71 so there may be actually nothing to compare against meaning both parties are working on trust that their model will perform.

In reality, i doubt either party will deliver a duff model, it's who you want to purchase off that matters.

I asked about Class 92 power, speed of Class 71 and were advised it is certainly a different factory (DJM did say earlier that it changed and was one reason for delay).  The factory is supposed to make US models, so would expect they should know what they are doing with powered chassis.

Regards,

C.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There was talk of a posable one and a sprung one being supplied, as some people always want one and some the other. I don’t believe it was ever confirmed. 

• 2 weeks later...