NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Oh "Buggritt hand and shrimp" After a relatively dormant period of spending it seems the perfect storm of "Purchasing" has arrived. Davie's class 92's, BlueRail's Bluetooth control boards and Oxford Rails MK3's appear on the horizon like the riders of the apocalypse............ Be still my poor and battered wallet.

The Mrs is going to sh.........................

Edited by Nile_Griffith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just paid my deposit invoice for a GBRF sound fitted one :-)

Slightly confusingly, the deposit request said it was for the N-gauge Class 92 Project.... A quick check of the product code reassured me that I wasn't button-happy when I expressed interest, and that it would be the OO gauge one

Looking forward to this one :-)

Rob

Good day Dave,

Not sure I have picked up when's the actual cutoff date for joining crowdfunding for this loco - still in a state of indecision here  - I need the discipline of a deadline please !!

Hi,

I've not set a date yet, but I'm thinking another 6 weeks will get any customers that are unaware and will probably see the magazine adverts.

One thing I've found out doing this project on and off for the last 3 years is that no one has done a 92 full justice detail wise, and I'm proud to say that everything I've learnt about the loco and from doing the 71 will be incorporated into the OO and N gauge versions, making them, like the Western, definitive models, with no equal.

Cheers

Dave

Me either. Have messaged Dave already about it.

Hi everyone,

I'm on my I pad at Fareham show at the moment but will start invoicing the OO models tonight and probably continue into tomorrow night.

If you haven't received and invoice from me by then, there's been a snafu and I'll need telling. So please PM me on here.

Unfortunately my lovely I pad upgraded to IOS 10.0.2 and basically locked me out of checking my e-mail file folders so I can't check those while I'm out, but have my laptop at the hotel and will check and contact this evening.

Cheers and apologies

Dave

EXCITING NEW NEWS!

However that's not all. Due to changes in design of the real thing I will be following this with each model of the class 92, and as such the Caledonian 92's will have the raised couplers, a 3rd variation of the lower front valance and alternate lighting arrangements, amongst other changes that will be announced as the project gathers further pace.

The N gauge version will now have switchable cab lighting and corridor lighting along side its OO brother

As both expressions of interest have proved totally successful I am delighted to announce that work has now gone on to such an extent that the cad/cam for this loco is due around Warley time 2016, with metal cutting soon thereafter on both gauges with a view to fast tracking the models for period 3 of next year

With this in mind I will start invoicing those who expressed an interest within 24 hours, for the initial deposit of £30.00 per locomotive.

Thank you to all those that have had faith in me, and have joined me on the worlds second fully crowdfunded British RTR model locomotive in both N and OO gauges.

Hi Dave,

I'm not aware of the modifications being carried out on the Class 92s, but can you or someone enlighten me on the mods?

Does anyone have pictures of the Class 92 with it's corridor lights on?

By totally successful do you mean your expressions of interest have already crossed your required amount?

Hi everyone,

I'm on my I pad at Fareham show at the moment but will start invoicing the OO models tonight and probably continue into tomorrow night.

If you haven't received and invoice from me by then, there's been a snafu and I'll need telling. So please PM me on here.

Unfortunately my lovely I pad upgraded to IOS 10.0.2 and basically locked me out of checking my e-mail file folders so I can't check those while I'm out, but have my laptop at the hotel and will check and contact this evening.

Cheers and apologies

Dave

Thanks Dave.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

I'm not aware of the modifications being carried out on the Class 92s, but can you or someone enlighten me on the mods?

Does anyone have pictures of the Class 92 with it's corridor lights on?

By totally successful do you mean your expressions of interest have already crossed your required amount?

Hi,

At this time, in case there are prying eyes without this knowledge (and I'm pretty sure there are) I'll refrain from answering. All will be revealed in the fullness of time though.

And yes, both projects (N & OO ) are live because of the fantastic response of the modellers on here and worldwide.

Cheers

Dave

There have been many complaints about the coreless motor fitted to the J94. So far as I can see, the principal argument in its favour is its smallness. Is there a case for using a conventional motor in the 92, which has space in abundance? After all, we have a lot of diesels and electrics which do not have coreless motors and run superbly, with no difficulty coping with a variety of controllers.

There have been many complaints about the coreless motor fitted to the J94. So far as I can see, the principal argument in its favour is its smallness. Is there a case for using a conventional motor in the 92, which has space in abundance? After all, we have a lot of diesels and electrics which do not have coreless motors and run superbly, with no difficulty coping with a variety of controllers.

As there are at least 10,000 coreless motor DJM models out there and quite a few Farish ones with more to come, the coreless motor is inherently reliable smooth and quiet so no.

In fact I've only had 2 motors go pop on me, and that's wasn't the motors fault.

The coreless with the 92 stays. Sorry.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

There have been many complaints about the coreless motor fitted to the J94. So far as I can see, the principal argument in its favour is its smallness. Is there a case for using a conventional motor in the 92, which

I hope my future DJM Class 92 won't go pop on me...I've heard a lot of complaints about a coreless motor too. Heard something about controllers having an affect too. Will a Hornby R8250, Kato 22-015 or Gaugemaster COMBI suffice?

I hope my future DJM Class 92 won't go pop on me...I've heard a lot of complaints about a coreless motor too. Heard something about controllers having an affect too. Will a Hornby R8250, Kato 22-015 or Gaugemaster COMBI suffice?

Where are these 'lots of complaints'?

Sorry but I'm not hearing or seeing them, and I would suggest that over 10,000 models sold with this mechanism, and only 2 motors go pop (yes, ok, so far) would disprove that theory.

Come on, give me some evidence that portescap, Farish, DJM are all using unreliable motors........ please?

You have the simple option to not buy it.

Besides if it developed a fault with the motor you'd in most cases be able to get it repaired or replaced under warranty.

• Like 1

Complaints?  From who?  My four J94s all run beautifully, AND  Jeremy was able to get a Zimo sound chip, decent stay alive capacitor AND speaker all into the loco through the smokebox door.  The five now in the hands of our club members are also running well.

Les

• Like 1

I have little or no interest in a 92 (00), but will be putting my name down for one or more anyway because I think we need to support Dave- if we don't then who knows what future releases we might have just risked.

DJM is worthy of respect; Dave has been open and honest with us right through this and other projects, never shown signs of arrogance or hubris that certain other suppliers may or may not have been guilty of.

Dave, if you read this then may I urge you to carry on and see that you get the target sales figures. I find your work revolutionary.

PS mine will probably end up in paint stripper and re-painted into the best livery it never carried- IC Swallow.

Edited by Derekstuart