NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Hi Jack,

It's not about the individual MOQ, but the overall quantity covering costs.

So far it's encouraging, but I wait to see how the advertising, flyers and show presence helps over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave,

Picking up on my earlier post, what's the process to follow if you want to order multiples of one livery please?

I'd like to order three of the SNCF triple grey version, I couldn't see how to change quantity and then didn't get an email when I placed my initial order though so it may not even have gone through at all! :)

Many thanks in advance,

James

• 2 weeks later...

EXCITING NEW NEWS!

Today i have been granted permission to use the new Caledonian livery of Teal Blue with the white side stag emblem for the N gauge and OO gauge class 92.

This model will now this evening be added to the 'expressions of interest' / reservation page for you to reserve your model

Each model will come with a limited edition certificate signed by both myself and David Simpson, Production Director of Caledonian Railways.

and feature a purpose designed sleeve in N and Box in OO gauge designed in collaboration with Caledonian.

However that's not all. Due to changes in design of the real thing i will be following this with each model of the class 92, and as such the Caledonian 92's will have the raised couplers, a 3rd variation of the lower front valance and alternate lighting arrangements, amongst other changes that will be announced as the project gathers further pace.

The N gauge version will now have switchable cab lighting and corridor lighting along side its OO brother

As both expressions of interest have proved totally successful I am delighted to announce that work has now gone on to such an extent that the cad/cam for this loco is due around Warley time 2016, with metal cutting soon thereafter on both gauges with a view to fast tracking the models for period 3 of next year

With this in mind I will start invoicing those who expressed an interest within 24 hours, for the initial deposit of £30.00 per locomotive.

Thank you to all those that have had faith in me, and have joined me on the worlds second fully crowdfunded British RTR model locomotive in both N and OO gauges.

post-1144-0-74692900-1475076934_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-68696600-1475076941_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Excellent! Just the news I was hoping for! I shall be expressing my interest once you have them listed on your site :)

Hi,

I've chosen 033 as it's currently being modified along with 023, and will be to the new specifications when it leaves Brush.

I'm sure others will follow in the DJM range but this one will be really special.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi,

I've chosen 033 as it's currently being modified along with 023, and will be to the new specifications when it leaves Brush.

I'm sure others will follow in the DJM range but this one will be really special.

Cheers

Dave

Nice,

Is this one of the ones that will be fitted with Dellners to work with the new Mk5s?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Nice,

Is this one of the ones that will be fitted with Dellners to work with the new Mk5s?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Hi mate,

Yes it is.

All the ones currently out will go back in for the mod very soon so seemed a bit silly to do one whihc had a very limited lifespan in that livery.

cheers

Dave

Hi mate,

Yes it is.

All the ones currently out will go back in for the mod very soon so seemed a bit silly to do one whihc had a very limited lifespan in that livery.

cheers

Dave

Ah excellent, will be interesting to see what they look life with those fitted. Certainly yes, also stops the need for an expensive re-tool further down the line.

The 73/9 will obviously be going through the same mod at some point too.

Sorely tempted for one for WBQ.

Wild Boar Fell

Are they already under construction then? I wonder if any of the MK3 sleepers will end up in the NRM under the title "here kids, we really did build things in Britain once in the days before we became a giant offshore bingo hall."

The Caledonian Sleeper coaches that are currently being built in Spain, someone above mentioned me 5 So I assume that's what they mean

Hello Dave,

Is it possible to cancel my original expression of interest so that I can swap it for the Caledonian sleeper liveried 92?

Hi mate,

No problem, just pm me your full name, e mail addy and I'll sort it for you.

Cheers

Dave

Well, I have had a change of mind and put myself down for a GBRf Europorte version, DCC fitted. 

This may have been asked before, so forgive me if it has:

What decoder is fitted in the DCC-fitted versions, please, Dave?

(Reposted from my erroneous entry in the N gauge model's thread).

Are they already under construction then? I wonder if any of the MK3 sleepers will end up in the NRM under the title "here kids, we really did build things in Britain once in the days before we became a giant offshore bingo hall."

They are indeed

http://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/2016/06/29/first-glimpse-of-brand-new-scottish-mk-5-sleeper-coaches

Also apologies for off topic-ness, but I believe the 2nd batch of MK5's are going to be built in the UK as CAF are opening a factory in the next couple of years (the location will be announced before year end as I understand it), these will be the push pull stock for Transpennine Express.