Swansea Area PO in 4mm (& 2mm)

Penlan

Just in case you missed it in the Sept 2016 RM, there's a (very) brief text reference to the fact Swansea Railway Modellers Group have some Commissioned PO's available to sell.  http://srmg.org.uk/harry-devans-and-rogers/  

If I've contravined some local Forum laws, my apologies.

They are in the 'Harry D. Evans & Rogers' livery from the 1909 period.

This is my 4mm version hand lettered on a early Ian Kirk 'basic' moulding back in 1975.

(But I've ordered 3 of these new one's already).....

post-6979-0-67174200-1471017995.jpg

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

I'm tempted to suggest that 1905 would be alright for the bodies,

at least the lettering style is contemporary, as in the style, heights etc.,

For myself, as they will be travelling between fiddle yards, I doubt there will be many observers to register the differences in the chassis.   Should one be static in the goods yard, I have more than enough spare wooden underframes in the spares box to exchange them.

At least I'm saved all that lettering.

I understand the venture has been a success and thus they will have a look at another wagon to be marketed, my luck will be it's one (or more) I've hand lettered  in the past.

Edited by Penlan

I couldn't see anything about prices or ordering. It just says "Further photos and details of the products will be supplied shortly." suggesting they're not available yet, so how do they know the venture been a success?

I have posted up some details, that's all, if people are interested they might then like to delve further, like I did.

This is not a sales pitch, I have no connection with the Swansea Club, but I do model that area, and indeed have been a regular visitor in railway related matters for nearly 50 years.

However to answer your Q.  they are £12 each + p&p for 4 & 2mm models. All the 7mm are sold, there's not that many remaining in 4 & 2mm either - Club members had first go.

Go to the Swansea Railway Modellers web site or look in the Railway Modeller (Sept 2016) for contact details.

How did I find out about them, doing a Google Images search for North British Wagons............ ?

• 3 years later...

I recently acquired [via eBay] a number of paper overlays for Swansea and environs PO colliery wagons branded 'Barry Locomotive Carriage and Wagon Works'. They are intended to be used like the old Peco Wonderful Wagons sides. Looks like the BLCWW ceased trading some years ago. Can anyone shed any light on this manufacturer?