69. Devil's Bridge

70. Judith Edge Kits

71. Model Railway Developments

72. Horfield 1955-1961

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• Like 2

Years of working on website usability makes me say "Oh yes it is." Even people you would think will grasp this sort of thing can struggle to the point where the person conducting the test just wants to beat them to death with the keyboard. Odly, teachers always seemed to be the worst group...

Seriously though, I suspect that the printed version of the programme forces the numbering of stands and doing something different for the web just adds work (which to your credit, you've offered to do even though that sort of helpfulness will probably earn a repremand ;-) ) and the train spotters in the audience likes to "cop" all the stands.

Hello RichardS

Phil is quite right, that the floorplan is numbered, in order that it will be easy to read and reference in our A5 programme. 

We have never thought of putting the stand names on instead of the numbers for the online version, I have just posted today a pdf file of the floorplan with stand numbers both in stand number order and for the first time in alphabetical order.

Maybe it is something that we can look at for next year, but it is a lot of work for David to produce an extra CAD drawing with the names on, we will see how many people download the pdf file from RMWeb and then make a decision.

You are more than welcome to have ago at producing a floorplan with the stand names on.

The floorplan is taken from a full size CAD drawing for marking out the floor, then David will produce the blocked out floorplan with the stand numbers on,I will then import this into the programme.

How easy is it is to read the pdf file on your mobile device? 

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

• Like 1

Hello RichardS

Phil is quite right, that the floorplan is numbered, in order that it will be easy to read and reference in our A5 programme. 

We have never thought of putting the stand names on instead of the numbers for the online version, I have just posted today a pdf file of the floorplan with stand numbers both in stand number order and for the first time in alphabetical order.

Maybe it is something that we can look at for next year, but it is a lot of work for David to produce an extra CAD drawing with the names on, we will see how many people download the pdf file from RMWeb and then make a decision.

You are more than welcome to have ago at producing a floorplan with the stand names on.

The floorplan is taken from a full size CAD drawing for marking out the floor, then David will produce the blocked out floorplan with the stand numbers on,I will then import this into the programme.

How easy is it is to read the pdf file on your mobile device? 

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Thanks Ant. I'm pleased that my suggestion has not been 'drummed out.'  I understand the process you describe and why it is as it is. 

I have had a go at creating a 'named plan' and attach a pdf. If nothing more it will create debate I am sure.

If I'm honest I think it's a bit 'busy' but on my phone 4.7" screen it's quite readable and provided one 'moves' it about can be easily followed.

I'm a bit disappointed that when i converted it to pdf I lost the white highlighting background for the text. Have to find out why.

Also I've shown Stand 46 between 28 and 29 which was mentioned in an earlier post. (This may of course not be the case)

BIG CAVEAT: Please nobody reading this interpret my effort as in any way official. It is purely for my own interest and use and for debate. I think it's fully correct but cannot warrant that it is.

An interesting exercise.

Railex Worded Plan.pdf

Regards

Richard

Edited by RichardS

Hello

Just to remind you all that the competition closes this Saturday that we have setup in conjunction with UK Model Shops, for a chance for you to win one of four adult tickets to Railex.

If you would like to enter click on the link below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

.....Also I've shown Stand 46 between 28 and 29 which was mentioned in an earlier post. (This may of course not be the case)

BIG CAVEAT: Please nobody reading this interpret my effort as in any way official. It is purely for my own interest and use and for debate. I think it's fully correct but cannot warrant that it is.

An interesting exercise.

attachicon.gifRailex Worded Plan.pdf

That actually looks rather good.....

Thanks Ant. I'm pleased that my suggestion has not been 'drummed out.'  I understand the process you describe and why it is as it is. 

I have had a go at creating a 'named plan' and attach a pdf. If nothing more it will create debate I am sure.

If I'm honest I think it's a bit 'busy' but on my phone 4.7" screen it's quite readable and provided one 'moves' it about can be easily followed.

I'm a bit disappointed that when i converted it to pdf I lost the white highlighting background for the text. Have to find out why.

Also I've shown Stand 46 between 28 and 29 which was mentioned in an earlier post. (This may of course not be the case)

An interesting exercise.

attachicon.gifRailex Worded Plan.pdf

Regards

Richard

Not only does it look rather good, I find it a lot easier to work out what I'm planning to see.

Hello All

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the layout Penfold Priory (O gauge) by Bridgend Model Railway Group can no longer attend this year, but it has been replaced by Bishops Quay (OO gauge), full details about this new layout can be found on the Railex website.

I have also uploaded an updated Railex 2017 Floorplan with Stand Numbers pages in pdf format to the Railex website.

www.railex.org.uk

Or direct on this link

Railex2017FloorPlanandStandNumbersB.pdf

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• RMweb Gold

with just 1 week to go until Railex set up, I've been testing my latest coal train for Kirkmellington.

Front wheel looks slightly adrift...;)

Fab show last year so have rearranged a few things to come this year - looking 4ward to it :good:

Hello

I have uploaded the Railex 2017 Bus Timetable in pdf format to the Railex website,

www.railex.org.uk

Or you can download from the link below

Railex 2017 Bus Timetable.pdf

The timetable takes into account the FA Cup Final on Saturday and the League 2 Play-off Final on Sunday at Wembley Stadium.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

I have removed the bit about provisional, no changes are needed, as this is correct for the Railex weekend.

Edited by ANT