Twigg Street NOW SOLD

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

This overhead shot gives a good idea - it's pretty basic! Its 4 ' long with an extra foot at the switching lead as a small extension on the right plus a run off to a staging track on the front road on the left  - not entirely necessary but a bit more track to play with when showing.

post-1107-0-32592000-1471264290_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I agree with Robatron.  No indication from your pics that the whole thing is only 4' long.  VERY impressive.  Your mix of of brick and frame structures does an excellent job capturing the eastern New England look.  Just outstanding work.  Thanks for sharing.

Jason C

Indiana

To be fair its a bit of a Craftsman kit bodge with Downtown Deco, a bit of an FSM kit placed on the layout, scratch built yard office and a few other bits - the signal tower is I think an HO kit from N scale architect and the bar is from JL Innovative - all a bit OTT but I like building them - the next layout will be a bit more downbeat I think...

Edited by Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, the detailing shows the advantages of micro. I hope to be half as good in about 10 layouts' time...

I particularly like the down the road shot.

Just take your time and plan - nothing happens by accident (usually...) sometimes I follow the instructions....

• RMweb Gold

What a cracking little layout! An excellent portrayal of urban railroading without looking overcrowded. Very nicely done

Thanks - as I said it's a bit contrived but is a bit of fun - at the first show at StowRail we  had it at table height and operated sitting down so people could also sit down and have a go.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Very nice, I especially like your NP Caboose. Did you use some of your stock of Champ Decals on it, as I brought some of your spares from Stow a couple of years ago, but have yet to try them.

Is it designed or operated as a 3-2-2 inglenook stunting puzzle...? I'm planning something similar...

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, I especially like your NP Caboose. Did you use some of your stock of Champ Decals on it, as I brought some of your spares from Stow a couple of years ago, but have yet to try them.

Is it designed or operated as a 3-2-2 inglenook stunting puzzle...? I'm planning something similar...

It's 2/2/3 with 40' cars -the cabooses are (I think) AMB - no to Champ I used the Microscale sheetsI had in stock

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

It looks great!

You have achieved a lovely balance of track to scenery.

All this in only 4 foot! I am very impressed

Thanks - it's worth noting it definitely needs the switching lead off stage as the US freight cars are just to be big for a 4' Inglenook.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It is - its a nice ( and heavy) model - I used the supplied resin cast trucks - they take a bit of effort but the cars run well - I have a silver version ( black lettering) and a red one(yellow lettering). I bought a few other F&C kits recently- I've done a few now.- they can turn out quite well.

Chris

Thanks for the quick reply Gilbert.

A couple more things if I may. Did you use the resin handrail knobs? I had wondered if they were too fragile. Ditto the resin trucks, I wondered if they too were strong enough. Presumably they are?

Thanks

steve