4mm LNWR Elliptical roof availability ?

I have a couple of extruded aluminium elliptical roof sections, of unknown origin,

for some coaches under construction.

However the profile is not correct.   With the roof at the edges touching the top of the sides,

there is a 1.5mm gap at the top.

If I try to squash the profile it will spread the bottom edges of the roof outwards,

on Elliptic roof stock this edge only protruded 1" out from the sides of the coach body.

On the model(s) there is no margin for expansion.

This a rough sketch, but the black gives an idea of the gap.

What product are LNWR modellers using for the Elliptic roofs on LNWR stock, please. 

post-6979-0-04661700-1471307190.jpg

Imidiatte thought is contact Stevenson carriages as I think his coaches use that roof profile and he sells roofs separate to the kits

The other thought would be contact London road Models as some of his kits might utilise the profile you are after

Imidiatte thought is contact Stevenson carriages as I think his coaches use that roof profile and he sells roofs separate to the kits

The other thought would be contact London road Models as some of his kits might utilise the profile you are after

Thankyou...

I have some profiles that don't fit, though their origins are lost in the mist of time.

The coaches I have, have a piece at the top of the sides that bends into the coach to keep the sides more or less straight along their length, trouble is the roof's have a nib that needs to be removed to allow a close fit.....

And so life goes on.

I know Paul Barker of Stevenson ( and also Millholme) well and he has a large supply of extruded aluminium roof section. Best to phone him - he rarely answers emails.

Thank you John, presumable your back from touring far away places ?

Archived