BRM will be at The International N Gauge Show!

SteveCole

The team at the show this weekend are set up and ready for the morning with some good value offers.

attachicon.gif20160909_125133_resized.jpg

Be quick if you need any of those trackplan bookazines!

I'm sorry Andy, but I don't think the stand is quite visible enough ;)  ;)  ;)

Cheers

Neal.

• Administrators

OK - It's been a very busy day to day. Lots of publications sold, including many of the last of the latest trackplan bookazine.

On the layout building table it's been no less frantic. First train (OK, one pannier tank) ran at 10:50 followed by the first guest loco, a French Pacific, a few minutes later.

Frenchpacific.jpg

After this the track was masked off and the real mess-making began. Quite a crowd gathered for the polystyrene cutting.

Carving.jpg

With several having a go with the hot wire cutter. After this there was much gloopy plaster and wall filler action. While that started to dry, I moved on to buildings and regretted not making the curved platform earlier as it at at least an hour and still isn't finished.

Half an hour beofre the close, I whacked a coat of brown emulsion over everything. #

Endofday1.jpg

Will I finish tomorrow?

Not completely, but there should at least be a train running through some green scenery. Not bad for a couple of days work.

• Administrators

Dsay2.jpg

Day 2 - Lots of green stuff chucked around.

Electrostatic grass was the big draw as I puffed ground cover on using a Gaugemaster bottle. No electronic device for me!

Modelling stopped eventually due to lack of hair spray to stick flock down. I used the dregs up on the trees but had been running low when adding to the grass and undergrowth texture.

Guest locos today: M7, Warship and new Dapol 33 (very sweet runner)

We finished the show with something that looks like a model railway, even though it's a long way from finished. There will be several jobs to do before the final write up in November and December's BRM.

Thanks to everyone who came along, I hope it was both entertaining and educational. I've certainly learnt that 2 days isn't enough to build a layout on my own!

Archived