West Coast Railways Charter Set

• RMweb Premium

Not looking too shoddy Ian. (Sorry that was too good to resist). I look forward to seeing the final result. WCR do have about 80 operational coaches you know, just a thought ;-p

Edited by Hilux5972

Not looking too shoddy Ian. (Sorry that was too good to resist). I look forward to seeing the final result. WCR do have about 80 operational coaches you know, just a thought ;-p

Thank you, I've just finished applying the final transfers so tomorrow night will be varnish and then rebuild late on Friday after setting the show up.

11 will be bad enough so no thanks to the rest lol!

Well after everything falling into place over the last couple of nights, I've managed to complete the Kitchen Coach this evening and once again I'm happy with how it's turned out.

Here's the finished result.

post-4397-0-87702200-1494624117_thumb.jpg

post-4397-0-23505700-1494624136_thumb.jpg

1961 will now be added to the consist and will run at my model clubs show tomorrow. Feel free to say hi if your venturing down to Admiral Lord Nelson School, Dundas Lane, Portsmouth, PO3 5XT. I'll try and get some pics of the set running where possible too.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Well during this lockdown period I've managed to finally complete the remaining coaches of my rake, making a total of 9. I'm debating whether to have a dart at 2 Pullman coaches rather than wait for the Bachmann Collectors Club pair to come up again on a certain auction site and for a very high price too.

Anyway, here's the final two.

My second First Open coach named Susan and numbered 1302 and as mentioned previously, a fictional custom project, this one being named after my mum.

1302 a.JPG

1302 b.JPG

1302 c.JPG

1302 d.JPG

The 9th coach, a Mk2 first class compartment coach numbered 13440.

13440 a.JPG

13440 b.JPG

13440 c.JPG

13440 d.JPG

Edited by Shoddy127
  • Like 8