LSWR C14 2-2-0T/0-4-0T Drawings

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a scale drawing of a LSWR C14 tank either in its original 2-2-0T or 0-4-0T rebuilt condition. I have a S14 0-4-0T drawing in the Drummond Vol of the LSWR locomotives books but there is nothing on the C14.

Any help would be most welcome

Marc   

Hi Neil

Thanks for that. I have just PM you.

Marc

July 1989 Railway Modeller - you might pick one up on ebay.

Also in a magazine dated January 2001 is an article on de-Nelliefying a Triang loco into a reasonable C14 0-4-0T. Article is by Robert Forsythe but I haven't got the page that gives the magazine title.

I have an Ian Beattie drawing of it in 2-2-0 format cut out of an old RM; pm me with your address and I'll pop it in the post to you.

Many thanks the drawing arrived this morning.

Marc

• Like 1

That's my intention, as scratch building is not one of my strengths.  Looking at doing both versions. I did think of converting  Jim's "Nelle" 0-4-0T kit but the wheel base is wrong for a C14 and the boiler is the wrong size for the S14 and both would have had to have the cylinders added. So it would be cheaper for me to start from the drawing.

MArc 

• 7 months later...

I have just found a Nellie in the bottom of my parts box and would also like to make it look more like a C14.

Does any one have these drawings that they could scan and email to me please?

Many thanks.

Graham

I have just found a Nellie in the bottom of my parts box and would also like to make it look more like a C14.

Does any one have these drawings that they could scan and email to me please?

Many thanks.

Graham

Unfortunately it's the wrong size for the C14. The chassis has the wrong wheel base and the wheels are the wrong size, its not quite correct for the larger S14 but would be close enough. The boiler is on the wrong centre line for both the C14 and the S14. We are looking at doing a C14 and S14 as separate 7mm kits as soon as I have sorted the motor issue.

Marc  

In that case the S14 would probably be your best route. They didn't last long in LSWR livery as they were sold to the war dept. in 1915. the W^D removed the buffers replacing them with wooden blocks.

Not sure what happened to them after 1919.

Marc

In that case the S14 would probably be your best route. They didn't last long in LSWR livery as they were sold to the war dept. in 1915. the W^D removed the buffers replacing them with wooden blocks.

Not sure what happened to them after 1919.

Marc

Bradley's 'Locomotives of the LSWR Part 2' says sold in 1917. No 147 went to Gloucester and may have been scrapped after the Armistice. No 101 lasted in part(s) until at least 1951, but was last seen operational in 1944. Hope that helps.