Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Much progress in making phase 1 "Phase 2 ready"

You may remember the cunning plan

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-7138-0-51935700-1388170680_thumb.jpg

Have decided to take the high level Oxford/Worcester loops outside the Gloucester loops on phase 2 so that will be outside the back of phase 1 rather than over the phase 1 loops - has to be better operationally!

Heres the amended phase 1 board - the 2 tracks running down to the left will be the Gloucester loops on phase 2. Loop 10 - track with no points this end - is now loop 0 - shades of Harry Potter - and is for terminating down trains only. Pointwork has also been simplified and frog juiced for reliability. Will re-draw plan when I have time.

attachicon.gifPhase 2 board.jpg

So now its signals and rolling stock for Redditch

Phil

The engineers have now inspected this new trackwork in their nice lightly weathered inspection saloon propelled and pulled by D7577 and pronounced it fit for service :locomotive:

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Should be 58 Rich

Phil

Heh, so much for my counting ability! In fairness, it was on a small tablet screen without a cursor to point with (well that's my excuse - just don't mention a numeracy test to my boss... ;) )

Would love to see pictures of the engineer's inspection! :)

Edited by Ramblin Rich

Some years ago I had 80 wagons behind a Bachmann 47 on a large roundy roundy layout before it lost traction, then added another 47 on front which took us to 136 wagons before the derailments started, so would suggest the 6 class 20's would out pull a single class 20.

• RMweb Gold

Preparations for Redditch continue but distracted today by latest edition of Hornby mag - we are in the next edition, there's a Trevor Jones photo in this months mag as a taster of what is to come.

Cheers

Phil

Ah - we once managed 32 ROCO Hupac wagons behind a pair of ROCO DB Class 181's on the public layout at Tavistock Models without derailment or significant loss of traction...............ran out of wagons  :O

sorry bit   :offtopic:

Edited by Southernman46

• RMweb Gold

Would like to thank Phil for giving D200 a run out , looked and sounded great

Andy

Welcome Andy - good to see you today - hope you enjoyed the Redditch show

D200 Still not right though!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant crew member - thanks for helping put PaulAny photos/videos would be great - cheers!Phil

Thanks Phil

Lots of photos and videos, so I'll have them on tonight, tomorrow morning very latest :)

Cheers, Paul