I am trying to recreate the junction where my Grandad used to work back in the late 60's to early 70's. This will not be a functional layout as I have one already on the go but is still a way from scenic work. With this in mind I wanted to create something that I could put a lot of time into and hopefully get a great result.

Main features of the Junction:

Foxlow Junction Signalbox 

Semaphore signals

bridge at one end

What first:

I am going to focus my attention to scratch-building the signal box as I feel this will influence the rest of the project and would be the best place to start.

Thanks for reading, I'm sure there will be many more updates in the near future with plans and images of the actual prototype.

Jack

post-29861-0-16184800-1471818462.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Although I'm not a modeller myself I will be really interested to see how this develops. Foxlow Junction was a great place for lineside photography and I made a few visits there in the early 1970s. There would be a logic in modelling the section between the Hall Lane and works railway overbridges, but I hope you can incorporate the two fine bracket signals on the up approach which were to the east of the latter - see attached shot of D9 'Snowdon' on 20th September 1971.

Apologies for taking so long to respond but I only found this thread earlier today.

Bill

post-13954-0-43104900-1495302814_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill Jamieson
  • Like 1