APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)

Hi Gents, hope every one is ok. It's like Christmas waiting for father Paul to deliver gifts.

Progress on LAB 3 is in hand along with other RTC stuff and some DRS.

Lab 3 is cut and shut from Bachmann coaches.

Take care all. Darren

post-27516-0-79518500-1477863179.jpg

post-27516-0-55310300-1477863187.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

While my 3D printers are taking a hammering, I continued work on the N gauge version of PoP last night, I am pleased to say, its design is very nearly finished.

Regards

Paul

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 1

Hi Mike,

As just a home producer, I really didnt think that I would get many requests for the model, Im very pleased with the order so far, takes a long time to produce each Kit, but have enjoyed the design work.

Just busy printing parts when Im not at work.

Hope people enjoy the model.

Regards

Paul

Just as with the APT-E I cannot resist this model of great British engineering. Email sent to Paul.

I actually model German outline in HO but, despite Kit's comments in the official APT thread when talking about the possibility of getting through the Chunnel "....doubt E-Train could have as the exhausts would have a) gassed everyone aboard after 27 odd miles of tunnel, and b) it would surely have triggered every fire detector down there!" In my world APT-E has made it through and is running very happily in southern Gemany so I am sure that there will be a place for a POP train on the museumbahn section of my model world.

Hi All,

After a busy weekend, of printing the base parts of the model,   I have just posted the latest production update.

http://www.apt-e.org/leadleykits/model.html

Regards

Paul

Looks like the web site is down I am getting  

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address http://www.apt-e.org is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Well that's all my potential sales gone then.

Cheers

Shane

I think your POP-Train and Paul's are in different markets Shane. Yours is at the fine scale end and Paul's is at the plastic kit end. The skills needed to build either of them are very different.

I had thought that a hybrid of the two versions could be quite good though......  :D