APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)

Looks like the web site is down I am getting  

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address http://www.apt-e.org is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

The main APT-E site isn't working, just now (1835 GMT) Paul says they sometimes overrun with their weekend backups so that maybe the problem. 

I think your POP-Train and Paul's are in different markets Shane. Yours is at the fine scale end and Paul's is at the plastic kit end. The skills needed to build either of them are very different.

I had thought that a hybrid of the two versions could be quite good though......  :D

Not really thought of it like that, I'll be happy if I sell 10-15!

cheers

Shane

Hi Shane.

I have always wanted one or may be even two of yours. If you put yours into production ill stand by that.

They are different. Some people can not work with brass and some plastic. With out the time Paul and yourself but in we would not have ether. Kudos to both of you.

were is there detail of the kit & its price ??

as it would be nice to have one with my APT-E

Hi,

Details of the model are at the beginning of this forum, price is £68 inc P&P,  all are being made to order.

Order at leadleykits@apt-e.org

Regards

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

I have just uploaded the first issue of the instructions for PoP 1, I think they cover everything, if anyone finds something missing, please let me know.

Download the zip file from :

http://www.apt-e.org/leadleykits/pop1.zip

Regards

Paul

Just an observation, but it says I have to buy Winzip first, could it not go on a PDF, something us old farts could open?

Mike.

Just an observation, but it says I have to buy Winzip first, could it not go on a PDF, something us old farts could open?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Yes, I am going to create a PDF to, that was just a quick publication for now.

I will try and get it sorted tonight.

Regards

Paul

Hi All,

I have just uploaded the first issue of the instructions for PoP 1, I think they cover everything, if anyone finds something missing, please let me know.

Download the zip file from :

http://www.apt-e.org/leadleykits/pop1.zip

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

Had a quick look and from someone who's never assembled a kit before they look good. Fills me with a bit more confidence fro when my kit arrives. A couple of suggestions:

- A single PDF doc would be appreciated. <edit - we just crossed postings - thanks!>

- Rather than whole screen grabs, could just the cad work be included - i.e. loose the program title bar etc.? (Appreciate this may be a major task so don't worry if it's not an easy ask!) 

- I spotted a couple of typos (on part 68 "this" & part 70 "Fluch")

Many thanks for pulling all this together.

Edited by sdw7300

Had a quick look and from someone who's never assembled a kit before they look good. Fills me with a bit more confidence fro when my kit arrives. A couple of suggestions:

I agree that the kit looks good.

Why don't you build a couple of smaller Cambrian or Parkside wagons before tackling a bigger, more costly project like this?

I agree that the kit looks good.

Why don't you build a couple of smaller Cambrian or Parkside wagons before tackling a bigger, more costly project like this?

Ha ha. Foolish bravado?

Actually you make a very good point..... kit added to Warley shopping list.

Thanks

Hi Paul

- A single PDF doc would be appreciated. <edit - we just crossed postings - thanks!>

- Rather than whole screen grabs, could just the cad work be included - i.e. loose the program title bar etc.? (Appreciate this may be a major task so don't worry if it's not an easy ask!) 

- I spotted a couple of typos (on part 68 "this" & part 70 "Fluch")

Many thanks for pulling all this together.

Hi Sam,

I have got a PDF ready, with 7 extra slides, includes paint plan and Kits scale drawings, will upload it tonight when I get home from work, and correct the typos.

Getting rid of the program bar would be good, but its a fairly large job due to the number of slides, if I get some time (Yer right lol), I will get it sorted.

Regards

Paul

Those pics above don't even show a fraction of what Paul's place looks like these days. :O

He generously put me up there last weekend during the Shildon Cab It event, and the whole place is COVERED in small piles of black plastic parts. Everywhere you look there's an outcropping of bulkheads, side struts or bogie parts, quite how Paul keeps track of which bits are which I have no idea, but the finished article looks the business!  :good:

He cooks a mean breakfast too, I might add.  :D

• Like 3

Here are a collection of photos of POP 2,3,4 underway, and 5 just being started.

Reprap 1 and now 2 on the go, number 3 soon to be completed.

Enjoy

Paul

It just makes you realise how much work and effort Paul is putting into this project.  I for one am well impressed and very grateful

• Like 2