APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)

Hi All,

While my 3D printers are taking a hammering, I continued work on the N gauge version of PoP last night, I am pleased to say, its design is very nearly finished.

Regards

Paul

Paul,

So looking forward to the N Gauge version :imsohappy:  :imsohappy:

Cheers

Neal.

That's good news about progress.

How long should the print head last, did you expect to replace it

Hi,

The head last a very long time. The issue was that the head got blocked while printing a frame panel, and backed up the throat and then set solid.  I can clear it out but it needs a few weeks to do.   I had a spare but was 0.4 mm, too big for the fine work.

I have purchased a few spares in case it happens again, 2 printers are back in operation, the 3rd is still being configured.

I know this is taking some time, and very much appreciate your patients.

Paul

Paul,

So looking forward to the N Gauge version :imsohappy:  :imsohappy:

Cheers

Neal.

Got a test version done in N gauge, but its a surprise for now lol.....................

• Like 2

I know this is taking some time, and very much appreciate your patients.

It takes as long as it takes, the main thing is that you are happy with what you are making.

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 2

While my 3D printers are being hammered, and to save my sole, Ive been working on a few other projects ???

A sneak preview of PoP 2, early days yet, nothing finalised.

N Gauge PoP 1 to come to, not happy with a few bits and bobs, and couplings to sort, with the aid of Mr Tilt.

Paul

post-1299-0-61904100-1480287225_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

would PoP 2 lend itself to a mixture of 3D prints and etched brass given the flat sides I know you would have to outsource the brass etching unless of course you have a laser cutter as well

Yes, it would.  I know a person with a laser cutter, will have to put the idea to them and get some costings.

Edited by apt-e

Kit #5 arrived today, thank you for the time and effort you have put into making it, and the follow up email.

I suppose I had better throw my name in the pot for a POP2 kit as well, if I may!

Edited by royaloak

Kit #5 arrived today, thank you for the time and effort you have put into making it, and the follow up email.

I suppose I had better throw my name in the pot for a POP2 kit as well, if I may!

Thank you, hope you enjoy, and yes of course for PoP 2 lol.

Kit 4 home safe.

Impressive work my mate well done

Kind regards

Bob

Thank you very much Bob.

Been looking through my box full of APT-E and APT-P docs, found this................

Out of a news paper, sadly don't know which one, as its only a clipping, no date to sadly.

Jeepers, they bring back memories of a sort.

Looking at the posts advertised they must have appeared in the papers before the one that I saw and applied to, and that was in the late summer of 1969.

But look at the salaries! £2675 pa for an assistant section head!!!   :O