APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I hope everyone is safe and as well as can be during this awful time.

New printers are setup and I am making a new pop train kit, to make sure everything still fits, and then I will get cracking.

New models already on the board, HSFV2, Lab 4 , POP 2,  will say more about them later.

Has anybody got any suggestions for other projects / items they would be interested in for there railways,  anything is possible (well just about).

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, apt-e said:

Hi All,

I hope everyone is safe and as well as can be during this awful time.

New printers are setup and I am making a new pop train kit, to make sure everything still fits, and then I will get cracking.

New models already on the board, HSFV2, Lab 4 , POP 2,  will say more about them later.

Has anybody got any suggestions for other projects / items they would be interested in for there railways,  anything is possible (well just about).

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm trundling through the dimensioned sketch drawings to go with the HSV4 photographs I sent you,

I was contacted by @LongRail who is also looking into HSV4, perhaps you could share information with each other.

Gibbo.

Paul,

Just in case you're interested, I've finally finished, well apart from decals, my version of HSFV1.

It's a bit crude, but I've had to scratchbuild the weights, 250 9mm long pieces of the smallest I Beam I could find :blink::blink:

Regards

Neal.

20200417_113957.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi , Do you fancy doing the leyand experimental Mk1 coach in N..   Hopefully your new phalanx of printers might enjoy the N pop as well if you can muster time and space !!

As you say stay safe , keep well, enjoy lockdown modelling and VE day

Robert     

4 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi , Do you fancy doing the leyand experimental Mk1 coach in N..   Hopefully your new phalanx of printers might enjoy the N pop as well if you can muster time and space !!

As you say stay safe , keep well, enjoy lockdown modelling and VE day

Robert     

Hi Robert,

I did a 4mm version from chopped up Hornby Pacers,

DSCF0375.JPG.9c8e83101f2b72a9ff61fa2ec0a9285e.JPG

I shall be wearing my Ribbons of Saint George with pride tomorrow !!!

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

I am just updating the model, and re-scaling a few tiny bits for my new printers.  Its coming along nicely now.   Once I am happy with everything,  production re-starts (as I have plenty of time lol).

Stay safe and well everyone.

Regards

Paul

• Like 2

Hi All,

I just wanted to update you with the models.    I have nearly completed doing some updates to the POP 1 model, and making sure my new printers can print the parts ok.  Some re-sizing has had to take place.   Just working the frameworks, which are proving a bit of a pain but nearly done.

Once I am, happy, production will re-start (as I have plenty of time now).

Other models in design ( just to keep me sane),  HSFV1 (80% done),  POP 2 (20%), Lev 1 (20%) and Lab 4 Hastings (40%).

Once these are out of the way (and for sale), I will be taking suggestions (orders) for any other models you fancy purchasing as a kit.

I finish work for good in July so can make a go of the model making,  would like to design and sell bespoke models for people that you cannot buy from anywhere.

Everyone stay safe and well in this rotten time.

Kind regards

Paul

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

15 minutes ago, apt-e said:

Hi All,

Other models in design ( just to keep me sane),  HSFV1 (80% done),  POP 2 (20%), Lev 1 (20%) and Lab 4 Hastings (40%).

Kind regards

Paul

Paul,

Are any of these going to be available in N Gauge??

Regards

Neal.

Hi Neal,

Yes, thats the plan.  POP 1 N gauge has been nearly completed for some time.   Not happy with the way its put together,  so will get back to that.

Regards

Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul,

That's excellent news, looking forward to a POP train especially.

Might be persuaded with a LEV1 and Hastings. Another one I'd like as well is an HSFV4, although I suppose that could be kitbashed from the NGS version of the VIX <_<<_<<_<

Cheers

Neal.

3 hours ago, Calnefoxile said:

Paul,

That's excellent news, looking forward to a POP train especially.

Might be persuaded with a LEV1 and Hastings. Another one I'd like as well is an HSFV4, although I suppose that could be kitbashed from the NGS version of the VIX <_<<_<<_<

Cheers

Neal.

Hi Neal,

That reminds me to finish off the sketch drawings and supply the rest of the research photographs of HSV4 for those that may make good use of them !

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Just a quick update to show you some photos of the work going on to get the new POP 1 model sorted.   Re-sized for new printers, but new bogies E1 for outer ends and E1/t for articulated.  Also managed to find some correct 12mm wheels, for how long is another matter.

New bogies are still in rough versions,  but just about finished design wise......

New big POP under construction, just to give a rest from the other models, when I feel like it.

Steady progress to report on all models.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Regards

Paul

20200609_164936.jpg

20200609_164952.jpg

20200609_165005.jpg

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Neal,

Done a bit of work on all models, the n gauge version bodywork is complete, just working on the bogies. Might have to use dlp printing to get the bogie detail.  Time will tell.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just a quick post of the new  00 gauge  pop 1 model been put together.  Decals and base frame to complete. N gauge version is 95% complete, still not happy with the bogies.  Stay safe everyone.

Regards

Paul

20200904_210820.jpg

20200904_210601.jpg

20200904_210556.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1