Jump to content

APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Another paint prototype on the go.  Paint to the end bulkheads and roof panel ends painted to match.  

 

Stay safe.

 

Regards

 

Paul.

 

20210424_205445.jpg

IMG-20210424-WA0009.jpeg

20210424_205805.jpg

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon all.

Not much progress, but have three Lab 4 models on the go to see what is the best way to paint them.  Two br blue , the other is going to be the later colours.

 

Need to workout how to put the Railtec white lines on also.  Got a spare sided painted up to test this.

 

Regards

 

Paul.

 

20210428_150909.jpg

20210428_150923.jpg

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

A pair of 99% complete Lab 4 Hastings coaches stand for display.  Just need to fit the VIP window frames which are drying at the present time., and stick the roofs down.  These are totally standard kits to show what can be done. I am pretty pleased.

 

I am no model painter, but gave it a shot.

 

White lines and decals are all from Railtec.

 

Hope you enjoy.

 

Stay safe.

 

Regards

 

Paul.

 

20210430_161355.jpg

20210430_161349.jpg

20210430_161341.jpg

20210430_161327.jpg

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cor, wow, etc. :o

 

Seeing TWO Lab 4s next to each other on the same piece of track is pretty mind blowing, seeing as we only made one of them.

 

Some wag will show up at a show with a whole TRAIN full of Lab4s at some stage I'm sure. :D

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I am calling this finished.

 

Lab 4 stands with PoP1 on the Leadkits test track awaiting its next use.

 

Stay safe.

 

Regards

 

Paul.

 

20210501_130628.jpg

20210501_130752.jpg

20210501_130726.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruddy MARVELOUS! (To quote an ancient Guinness advert I think...)

 

Even the backscene looks a bit like the view from the Old Dalby Test Track.

 

You just need to build a Lab 3 Paul and you've got the whole train. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Evening all.

The last batch of Lab 4 00 gauge orders have now been completed, so those orders should be with you by Wednesday.

 

The next batch order book is now open.

 

Anyone wishing to order please contact me at [email protected]

 

New models off the drawing board,  PoP 2 00 and N.  Lab 4 Hastings n gauge. Oh yes, new coaches for the original Hornby APT-P set.

 

Regards

 

Paul.

 

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2021 at 19:20, Mr_Tilt said:

Cor, wow, etc. :o

 

Seeing TWO Lab 4s next to each other on the same piece of track is pretty mind blowing, seeing as we only made one of them.

 

Some wag will show up at a show with a whole TRAIN full of Lab4s at some stage I'm sure. :D

That will be a Hastings unit then..............

 

Keith

i will get my hat and coat

  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, apt-e said:

An idea of the colours inside,  open to your own ideas.

20210424_205805.jpg

20210424_205752.jpg

 

Mine will have oil all over the floor and walls of the A end of course. And outside under the double doors too....

 

What number is Humbrol Oil paint?  :D

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr_Tilt said:

 

Mine will have oil all over the floor and walls of the A end of course. And outside under the double doors too....

 

What number is Humbrol Oil paint?  :D

Lol ,  that's for you to say Mr Tilt.  

My model sprays oil out of the sides, its already destroyed ladies stocking and mens designer trousers stood on the test track platforms.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I once left a repainted Dutch  'Martinair'  IC3 which I had done long before Lima brought theirs out, in the back of a hatchback on a glorious summer day. All the coaches then resembled bananas after that and I had to get rid of it cursing my bad luck after all that hard work. It was a pretty decent paint job too. I eventually replaced it when Lima brought theirs out but in my opinion it was never the same.

 

Warning - never leave any model in the sun or somewhere there is strong UV

 

Paul R

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Been working on the next model. 

Need to design and build a new connector for the bogies.  Got it cracked.

Working on the side detail panels now.....

 

My design connects to something from 1980.....

 

Regards

 

Paul.

 

20210506_123858.jpg

20210506_123751.jpg

20210506_123742.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tech prototype with you get the idea sides.

Next to add the air springs and mounting point........   more to come.

20210506_151057.jpg

20210506_151052.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2021 at 19:20, Mr_Tilt said:

Cor, wow, etc. :o

 

Seeing TWO Lab 4s next to each other on the same piece of track is pretty mind blowing, seeing as we only made one of them.

 

One to run with POP-1, the other with POP-2, and he'll being running them passing each other!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it never happened. Lab 4 and PoP Train, either version, weren't ever tested together. Lab 4 was coupled to PoP II in the RTC Yard once, just for a shunting move, so Mick could do that on Deadmans Lane I guess. ;)

 

But of course that doesn't stop us doing it in our own model worlds, does it? You won't get me 'rivet counting' and saying 'You can't do that, it never happened in the real world!'

 

After all, I'm one of the guys who makes models of aeroplanes that never even existed. :D

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr_Tilt said:

Actually it never happened. Lab 4 and PoP Train, either version, weren't ever tested together. Lab 4 was coupled to PoP II in the RTC Yard once, just for a shunting move, so Mick could do that on Deadmans Lane I guess. ;)

 

But of course that doesn't stop us doing it in our own model worlds, does it? You won't get me 'rivet counting' and saying 'You can't do that, it never happened in the real world!'

 

After all, I'm one of the guys who makes models of aeroplanes that never even existed. :D

 

Aeroplanes that never existed - that will give the rivet counters apoplexy!

 

Do you have a model of the Boeingbus  847 max?

 

Paul R

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pwr said:

 

Aeroplanes that never existed - that will give the rivet counters apoplexy!

 

Do you have a model of the Boeingbus  847 max?

 

Paul R

 

No, but I have built one of the 777-900. It's about 4 feet long...... :D

 

 

Build-o.jpg

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr_Tilt said:

 

No, but I have built one of the 777-900. It's about 4 feet long...... :D

 

 

Build-o.jpg

Ermmmmmmmm.......

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm a multiportion prototype. Does it divide en-route? I assume it tilts round the corners as well.

 

Paul R

  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...