Minerva To Announce New 0 Gauge Model at Guildex 2016

81A Oldoak

We are pleased to announce that our third O gauge model will be revealed at the Gauge O Guild’s 60th anniversary celebration of all things 7mm at Telford on Saturday 3rd September. It will mark a significant widening of Minerva’s offering and will give modellers an opportunity to own up to 8 different body variations and four livery styles of this particular prototype. Additional parts will also be included with each model to enable further customisation to represent the modeller’s favorite engines.

Minerva will be on Stand 24 at Telford, and we look forward to seeing you there.

Chris Basten and Chris Klein

Sounds like something that lasted until or originated in BR days and had rebuilds / modifications. If its going to represent one of my favourite locos then it will have to be in LNER livery and a J classification. Either a Jxx tank or tender loco will do.

selfishly... wishful thinking but a J72 would tick the longevity and different livery boxes... but not the body variations! Mind I think Chris mentioned Minerva had considered and dismissed it in the past. If it is one mind I'll gladly eat my words! ;)

Idle speculation will get me nowhere mind but not long to wait before finding out!

"... body variations..." now that is intriguing!

I don't usually join these speculative threads, but working on the clues it just a puzzle. Not looked at the maths in detail, but a LSWR Ilfracombe goods might fit the bill; Livery LSWR, SR, EKR etc etc

Neither do I but I'm enjoying the clues and hints... all harmless fun and my Hudswell Clarke may benefit from a friend!! :)

• RMweb Gold

I don't usually join these speculative threads, but working on the clues it just a puzzle.  Not looked at the maths in detail, but a LSWR Ilfracombe goods might fit the bill; Livery LSWR, SR, EKR etc etc

Lovely thought, I can feel my credit card squirming ever deeper into the recesses of my wallet at the very idea of it. 

My own guess is that the industrial theme will continue but as the last (Peckett) and next (Kerr Stuart) are quite heavy-duty types, maybe the next will mark a return to something a little daintier - maybe a Manning Wardle?

John

• RMweb Gold

I have two guesses...

1) Something South Wales related, perhaps along similar lines to the Peckett or the Kerr Stuart...a Manning Wardle perhaps?

2) Cambrian/Furness Small/Large Seagull...in CR/GWR and FR/LMS liveries...now that would be lovely!

I'm looking forward to seeing what it is, but I'm also hoping that it's not an Eastern J-tank as these are already on my drawing board, along with a couple tender locos. My guess is something a little more universal.

This will be my first ever visit to Telford so I hope to be at the unveiling.

The previous two Minerva locos have been prototypes which Mr Klein has already built kits for, following that thread, an RSH 0-4-0st or GWR 2021 Pannier should be favourites...

Thinking about a curve ball, a Cambrian / Furness small Sharpie 0-6-0 tender loco would be rather delightful and have me reaching for the order form...

Cheers,

Andrew

The previous two Minerva locos have been prototypes which Mr Klein has already built kits for, following that thread, an RSH 0-4-0st or GWR 2021 Pannier should be favourites...

Thinking about a curve ball, a Cambrian / Furness small Sharpie 0-6-0 tender loco would be rather delightful and have me reaching for the order form...

Cheers,

Andrew

Your wish my command we are developing a whole range Sharp Stewart locos which will be out early next year

Marc

Your wish my command we are developing a whole range Sharp Stewart locos which will be out early next year

Marc

Wonderful news!  This one would have terrific potential for industrial use too - with the unusual wheelbase chassis maybe adaptable to the Kitson panniers:

post-17823-0-92368500-1472293405.jpg

8 different body variations and four livery styles of this particular prototype. Additional parts will also be included with each model to enable further customisation to represent the modeller’s favorite engines.

snipped!

02?  Adams/Drummond boilers, high and low cabs, different bunkers etc etc.

Only wishing guessing frothing.....

Jon F.

If "Additional parts will also be included with each model to enable further customisation to represent the modeller’s favorite engines.", surely that means we're being taken back 50 years to the days when a Tri-ang Jinty could be converted into just about any type of loco that ever existed. I'm fascinated to see how one model loco, even with 8 body variations and all these additional parts, could be converted into all my favourite locos :jester:. If I've misunderstood, something that Colonel Stephens owned in 1905 could be very useful.

A generic 0-6-0 chassis, a la Triang Hornby. Body kits for 8 models - Jinty, E2, J83, J52, 08, 3F tender loco, 57xx and 27xx panniers. Hmmmmmm....

But what about my broad gauge Bristol & Exeter Railway 4-4-0ST?

Archived