MRJ 249

sharris

and there was me mistakenly thinking they were publishing letters that should have be appearing in Hedge Growers Monthly. I was thinking of writing an electronic letter of complaint but the E mail address remains privet and I wouldn't want to be seen to be Honeysuckling up to anybody.

P

Would they ever. Up to now it would appear they never have. Maybe like Mrs. Trellis, Mr Trellis is just a figment of someones imaganarium at MRJ towers and his continued appearance is just a ploy to keep us buying due to our curiosity to read the next installment.

Just like the Archers.

P

P.s. Does anyone know if WH Smith at Ealing has re-stocked with Chocolate Raisins yet. I'm sick of Poppets and fruit flavoured Polos..

• RMweb Gold

P.s. Does anyone know if WH Smith at Ealing has re-stocked with Chocolate Raisins yet. I'm sick of Poppets and fruit flavoured Polos..

Does anyone, anywhere know what WH Smith at Ealing stocks, or might stock, or used to stock, or could stock or won't stock, or can't stock, or thinks about stocking, or dreams about stocking, or considers stocking but dismisses it on the grounds that Horsetan won't buy it?

It's a conundrum, that's for sure.

I think the whole place has gone Milford Haven.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone, anywhere know what WH Smith at Ealing stocks, or might stock, or used to stock, or could stock or won't stock, or can't stock, or thinks about stocking, or dreams about stocking, or considers stocking but dismisses it on the grounds that Horsetan won't buy it?

It's a conundrum, that's for sure.

I think the whole place has gone Milford Haven.

Creme de Menthe.

Well chaps, I'd say we were ALL well off topic. If only I could discern what the topic really consisted of!

Apart from there being a hazelnut in every bite.....

The topic is MRJ 249 which, allowing for the first issue being "0", makes it the 250th if my maths correct are correct, That seems to have gone rather unnoticed (the 250th issue, not my expertise or otherwise at counting).

Given the usual subject of MRJ topics, does anyone know if that first edition came out on time and which branches of Smiffs had it?

Isn't that what the Pope drinks by the pint, so they have too carry him round in a chair.

I vaguely remember Billy Connolly may have mentioned it years ago.

No mate, you're thinking' of Dell Boy ! :))

• RMweb Gold

Isn't that what the Pope drinks by the pint, so they have too carry him round in a chair.

I vaguely remember Billy Connolly may have mentioned it years ago.

Indeed. It was a tale about two Scotsmen who visit the Vatican and go into a bar for refreshment. Wanting to savour the Vatican experience, they ask the barman what the Pope drinks. "Crime de menthe" replies the barman. "Right, we'll have two pints of that then" say the Scotsmen.

• RMweb Gold

Also posted in the French Railways section:

http://club-proto-87...e-a-houten-2016.

The Baron, CK and me were lucky enough to see this in the flesh (as a static model) at Houten a few years ago. Some of Emmanuel Nouailler's exquisite architectural work can be seen.

Thanks to Jerry (Queensquare) Clifford for the link in this issue of MRJ.

Enjoy!

• RMweb Gold

Also posted in the French Railways section:

http://club-proto-87...e-a-houten-2016.

The Baron, CK and me were lucky enough to see this in the flesh (as a static model) at Houten a few years ago. Some of Emmanuel Nouailler's exquisite architectural work can be seen.

Thanks to Jerry (Queensquare) Clifford for the link in this issue of MRJ.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting the link, John, it really is exquisite stuff and I enjoyed the pictorial feature in MRJ.

• RMweb Premium

Found this a very good issue, lots of interest and information. Not being able to get to any exhibitions at present these days let alone finescale orientated ones I was most pleased to be able to read about Ballyconnell Road, which I was fortunate to see at a Mid-Essex/Shenfield show some years ago. An outstanding layout in all aspects, but particularly with respect to the modest overall size and the encouragement this gives to anybody with less than bucketloads of space. Mind you 2mm can also be less space hungry as the weekend challenge proves.

Thank you Jerry, and indeed all concerned.

Izzy

I have a suggestion to take our minds off our letterboxes.

How about a competition for layouts built between the published publication date of MRJ and the actual first arrival on the newsagents' shelves?

Good idea. Trouble is, how many people would want to build an O gauge model of Clapham Junction?

• RMweb Gold

A very strong issue; something to hold my interest on every page.

Totally agree. Very rigid and supported my body weight when used as an emergency stool.

Good show, What!

post-14122-0-43370600-1474414988.jpg

Archived