South Pelaw and Stella Gill EM

Grosmont Jnc

Hi,

Our Pete55 on the Tyne Dock Consett thread is the guy to ask. He converts locos at exhibitions (and he's done some of ours when not building one of the bridges).

The 9F with the brass chimney in one of the photos, is a Bachmann EMd. It runs well. The other 9F in the photos is an old Hornby body on a set of Comet frames with a High Level models Loadhauler plus gearbox and motor. The mechanism is joy to make - real quality.

Martin.

Any of you guys EM-ed a Hornby Q6 or K1 yet? Or a Bachmann WD/9F? Wondering how scary the job is since I have a couple of victims lined up,

Dave.

Yes to three,  and the Q6 is nearly there.

I'm at Expo EM North demonstrating EM conversions, will have a K1, 9F and a Q6 with me.

Feel free to pop by and have a chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you following our blog will see that the Q7 featured above has now been in traffic for a while and hasn't really seen many (any?) loco cleaners.

Here's a picture of it in Rich's workshop (Rich is our chief weathering correspondent):

post-29702-0-69906000-1473890211_thumb.jpg

And here's a picture of it on the layout:

post-29702-0-37371600-1473890326_thumb.jpg

Joe

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was lucky enough to get to see this layout today and here's a few pics.  Lots of work still to be done but it is looking very nice indeed.

John

Nice photos John, but that layout is absolutely superb! Hope I can get my track work as good as that.  Is there any information online about the layout or its construction at all?  No other thread on rmWeb I'm guessing?  EDIT: Oops, missed the blogspot link in the first post! Doh!

Talk about mind blowing :) 250 out of 10 my man!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

I was lucky enough to get to see this layout today and here's a few pics.  Lots of work still to be done but it is looking very nice indeed.

IMG_0126.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

John

Nice shots John. You might have done the decent thing and photo shopped that fat old git out of the first one. That grimace is enough to make your pint go flat.

• Like 5

Thanks for the kind remarks. They are much appreciated.

That was only the second time the layout had run. The first time was late on the day before!

Our problem is that it is a large layout being built in a moderate sized room. So we can't erect the whole layout very often. We discovered on Saturday that two of the baseboards at the corners entering the fiddle yard have been made slightly under size so that physical force had to be exerted to get the full circuit assembled with resultant problems. Part of that problem was that some of our locos wouldn't negotiate those areas an we had to rely on a non Tyne Dock 9F for the photo. But it performed well.

Some of us have operated layouts at exhibitions before, some have not. None of us had operated DCC before. A few of us live locally but most do not. The weekend was a big learning experience.

Martin

Edited by Sugar Palm 60526
  • Like 6

Guest Q663368

I am really looking forward to seeing this layout on the exhibition circuit. For me it is the layout of all layouts. I just need to know when and where and then I will buy my airline ticket.

Best regards to all involved.

• 1 month later...