South Pelaw and Stella Gill EM

Grosmont Jnc

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Dunno if you've seen this as I posted  it elsewhere on the forum. Taken at the settlement "do".

attachicon.gifSouthPelaw2017-014-Sm.jpg

P

Nice shot Porcy.

S Pelaw colliery has developed a mountainous slag heap - I didn't know photoshop had a 'pit heap' tool.

People unfamiliar with the location would be surprised to know that we've added to the forest of semaphores seen in the picture since it was taken and we've got more of the beggers to add.  When we've finished we'll have to warn Andrew at MSE because his takings are going to take a dip.

Anyway, must go - I've got a NER rotating ground disc to build!

Joe

• Like 1

Why? Its true!! Seeing your build gave me the nudge to have a go....

I hope you included a builders plate. I assume this one was cast & affixed in BR days going off the number?

post-508-0-53985500-1497618795.jpg

P

Edited to add the Bl**dy pic!

Edited by Porcy Mane

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

At long last we are getting the layout ready for its first exhibition, which will be at RAILEX NE on 28 and 29 July (http://www.railexne.com), followed by an appearance at the Newcastle exhibition in November. Today the last of the main signals was installed and persuaded to work. The eagle eyed will also spot the gradual encroachment of point rodding, which is being added along with lots of other small details.

Richard C

post-7742-0-35768900-1519506845_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• 4 weeks later...

Martin has updated our blog with a post on signals and signalling, working signals being a major feature of the layout as South Pelaw and Stella Gill had a veritable forest of the things.  See our blog here.

Here's a picture of one of the last signals under construction (South Pelaw no. 15, Up Main starter towards Consett, with Pelton's Up Distant slotted with it on the same (slotted!) post.

Joe

post-29702-0-08821500-1521576768_thumb.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A couple of short videos of South Pelaw Junction, apologies for the talking over the first one.

Come along to RailexNE in a couple of weeks to see it in action.
Edited by johndon
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Come along to RailexNE this weekend to see it in action.

“This weekend” as in 28/29th? !!!

The AB hoppers bring back memories, although it was 2x class 24 by the time I knew it. All along the back of Gateshead shed there were bits of orange ore dropped from passing trains and also some smaller purple bits. Had you thought about replicating that, or was it only in diesel days that the leakage was apparent?

Liked the videos.

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT

Really looking forward to seeing the railway and you guys of course. I had to miss the 'running day at the office' a while back unfortunately. It'll probably be a day trip of the Scottish Region Study Group but don't let that put you off, we've all got accents.

Dave Franks.

• Like 2