South Pelaw and Stella Gill EM

Grosmont Jnc

Another product of lockdown modelling which appeared on the layout for the first time on Saturday was my North Eastern Kits N10, 69101 - shown here on a train of pit props in Stella Gill Yard.

Joe

IMG_3531.JPEG

• Like 17

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/06/2021 at 06:21, Enterprisingwestern said:

That'll never catch on!

Mike.

Worth celebrating though :).

Of course my comment about almost everything being kit or scratch built applies to pretty much all of the pictures in this thread not just the most recent ones, especially the excellent ones taken by Tony Lambert, as well as other fantastic layouts on RMweb -- Blackgill being a geographically adjacent (in prototype terms) example.

We do run some modified and re-wheeled RTR locos (9Fs, Q6s, WDs, K1s, and the odd diseasel (sic) etc), and some modified RTR wagons (e.g. the oil train), so there are exceptions. 

Richard

--

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RichardClayton said:

Worth celebrating though :).

Of course my comment about almost everything being kit or scratch built applies to pretty much all of the pictures in this thread not just the most recent ones, especially the excellent ones taken by Tony Lambert, as well as other fantastic layouts on RMweb -- Blackgill being a geographically adjacent (in prototype terms) example.

We do run some modified and re-wheeled RTR locos (9Fs, Q6s, WDs, K1s, and the odd diseasel (sic) etc), and some modified RTR wagons (e.g. the oil train), so there are exceptions. 

Richard

--

Similar here, on 'The Depots' there's a roster of three locos, 1 kitbuilt and 2 scratchbuilt. I did have an RTR wagon, an Oxford LNER open but was so frustrated by it it's now dumped on the shelf...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

an Oxford LNER open but was so frustrated by it it's now dumped on the shelf...

Looks? Running qualities? desirability? accuracy? sexiness?

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Looks? Running qualities? desirability? accuracy? sexiness?

Probably just the fact I didn't make it. 

It definitely ain't sexy...

The H&B opens, well, now you're talking... :o

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a modelling post, but one of my happiest visits to the North York Moors line, was when I went to visit my Dear Friend Coachbogie.
We went to the top of Goathland shed to see, in light steam, the surviving Q7.
I spent a great weekend being hauled by her. The sound of her attacking the bank and seeing her pound through Beck Hole is a lasting memory.
I don't suppose I'll see her in steam again. Great shame!
This layout is a joy and I hope to see it in the flesh at some point. Please keep the videos coming, they are a joy.
Regards ,
Chris.

• Thanks 1