South Pelaw and Stella Gill EM

Grosmont Jnc

• RMweb Gold
On 02/04/2024 at 15:53, johndon said:

A couple of short videos of the layout from a very enjoyable weekend at York:

John

A wonderful layout, and an inspiring / lengthy chat with one of the operators when I was there. I should have asked his name!

I would love to replicate the Tyne Dock pair of 24s with my iron ore wagons. Still waiting for SLW to announce a new run of these, but alas it could be a long wait as Phil is struggling with the 25s first.

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 02/04/2024 at 15:53, johndon said:

Deleted - duplicate post for soem reason

Edited by zr2498
Duplicate post?

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

A wonderful layout, and an inspiring / lengthy chat with one of the operators when I was there. I should have asked his name!

I would love to replicate the Tyne Dock pair of 24s with my iron ore wagons. Still waiting for SLW to announce a new run of these, but alas it could be a long wait as Phil is struggling with the 25s first.

Dave

Thanks, it could have been me!

You may already know this but, when I spoke to Phil at York, he is thinking of doing a twin set of Tyne Dock 24s with all the pipes, tanks etc. already fitted.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, johndon said:

Thanks, it could have been me!

You may already know this but, when I spoke to Phil at York, he is thinking of doing a twin set of Tyne Dock 24s with all the pipes, tanks etc. already fitted.

Perhaps it was! It was on the Saturday afternoon, to the front of the layout in the right hand corner. I mentioned that my Dad was an Area Civil Engineer with BR, and I did no realise how lucky I was to walk the track with him, albeit a strange stride length.

Hopefully Phil will announce something re the Tyne Dock 24s before the year is out?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, zr2498 said:

albeit a strange stride length.

Agreed.  Takes a while to get used to it but then becomes natural!

Paul.

• Like 1