Shapeways "variant" system for shops: too dangerous to use!

I think the name is long enough, especially as it does not fully display on index pages. It just needs a bit of logical thinking. It can end up being more difficult if you are not careful.

I did not start out intending to do so many models, but it still seemed logical to have a prefix that made it easier to identify. Once I got to my modular building system, I was coming up with ways to differentiate between items. It is a sort of coded system, which is probably not so obvious to others, but it does help me. If I had realised just how much I was going to do, I am not sure I would have started. I have quite a few items , ready to go live, but know there will be quite a lot of work involved.

I have noticed the search system on My Models does seem to be working better now.

To get a fully working search system which enables people to find specific scales for model railways, then it will need predefined names for sub categories/alternative indexes. It will also need to be added to as new scales come available. Someone can easily ask me to produce one of my models in a different scale, and intially this would fall in the 'other' bucket. This is just for model railways, as to how it would be done for other things I am not sure. Again for model railways, and there are often items for other types of modelling which might be of interest. Where does ths end, and it might be easier just to look through all pages as now. It is difficult enough getting traditional model companies to use proper naming standards, and more often than not, a marketing tname is used, which can cause a lot of confusion,and many in the hobby just don't understand or know the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

+

Simple, "UPLOAD/EDIT" on the basis of completing the

search parameters. similar to eBay entering a listing..

Of course the Title should include limited key

words, but not a repeat of the search parameters.

The Title should not be the source for search parameters.

Noel

Archived