Heljan O gauge DMUs, 117/120/121/128

DavidM

Guest 40-something

Just spotted these. Class 117/120/121/128 in O gauge from Heljan?

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1000590/1000673/O_Gauge_1_43_Scale_DMUs/prodlistbyscaleandtype.aspx

I've just checked and they're also on Tower Models too

I cant believe Heljan havent updated us on this, its diabolical, why are things always delayed, my life is ruined etc etc etc

Phew, feel better for that.

Great news, esp the 120!!!

• Like 1

Great news from Heljan, these will surely be popular models.

My wallet`s just ran off to a dark corner on reading this!.   :swoon:

And not sure if i should be happy or not that there does`nt seem to be a blue and grey 117 unit listed.(yet!)

Bread and jam anyone......?

Brian.

Hopefully get some livery information on the 117 at Telford from Heljan or the dealers will get an email update soon, I would be shocked if blue and grey is not an option

I think i`m going to give the Heljan stand a wide berth tomorrow.....!!

Brian.

Very interesting news, I wonder if this might be the precursor to a 120 in 00?

Will undoubtedly further fuel the interest in 0 but I wonder just how much cash there is to sustain the crowded marketplace that the diesel era in 0 is becoming?

The Hattons site has a lot more detail of the proposal http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1000590/1000673/O_Gauge_1_43_Scale_DMUs/prodlistbyscaleandtype.aspx

I for one would be grateful if this could be translated into pre TOPS coding (number series I could find in my old ABCs for example) with info on where they worked when they were young. Although none of them appear to be in the livery they would have had in their youth - do Heljan realise yellow end panels however small are a later innovation - of course they do as they do the Railbus with whiskers.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

Very interesting news, I wonder if this might be the precursor to a 120 in 00?

Will undoubtedly further fuel the interest in 0 but I wonder just how much cash there is to sustain the crowded marketplace that the diesel era in 0 is becoming?

A 120 in "00" would be nice. Could even act as a base for a 119 as well.

Paul J.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Hattons site has a lot more detail of the proposal http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1000590/1000673/O_Gauge_1_43_Scale_DMUs/prodlistbyscaleandtype.aspx

I for one would be grateful if this could be translated into pre TOPS coding (number series I could find in my old ABCs for example) with info on where they worked when they were young. Although none of them appear to be in the livery they would have had in their youth - do Heljan realise yellow end panels however small are a later innovation - of course they do as they do the Railbus with whiskers.

Paul

Best I can do for you then (running numbers as per Winter 1962/63 Combined Volume) -

Class 117 .  Pressed Steel 3 car Suburban units introduced 1959 and all initially went to the WR London Division.  W51332 -373 DMBS; 513714 -51415 DMS; 59484 -59522 TC(L)  Non-ganwayed when built.

Class 121 Pressed Steel single power car equivalent of the 3 car sets and again all initially went to the London Div as far as I know  (must have, they're all underlined in my 'Combined') W55020 - 35 DMBS

Class 120  Swindon 3 car (originally) Cross Country sets, all gangwayed from new and most went new to the WR with some new to the ScR, later build power cars came with 4 character headcode.  Buffet cars later converted to TS(L).  W 50647 - 695 DMS(L), W50696 - 744DMBC(L); W51573 -8 DMBC(L); W51582 90 DMS(L); SC 51781 -87 DMBC(L); SC51788 94 DMS(L); W59255 - 59301 TBS(L); W59279 - 88 TBS(L); SC59679 - 85 TBS(L)

Class 128 Gloucester RC&W Co Parcels Car.  2 variants - WR version with gangways and split headcodes W55991 -6;  LMR version with no gangways and central 4 character headcode MM559987 - 90

Interesting info on original uses, thanks. And interesting they are so consistently (almost) WR. Wallet breaths easier again!

O seems to be going through the 1960s of 00, model anything you like so long as it is a WR branchline :nono:  Cyril F would be pleased. 

Paul