Heljan O gauge DMUs, 117/120/121/128

DavidM

On 22/12/2019 at 20:07, Dmudriver said:

Hi 31130.

Are these the ones you used?    https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/led-nanolight-wresistors-6x-2-colour-protowhitered/

If so, how did you wire them up?  Did you take the original ones off, or just glue these on top?  I've not looked at the set-up closely yet.

And can they be switched off separately - so that the unit can be used multi-ed up without showing marker lights in the middle of the unit?  If not, I'll have to work out how to do it.

Thanks for the comment - I was thinking of larger LEDs and using fibre optics.  This method sounds much better!!

Rod

Hi rod, apologies for the delay in reply. Yes they are the ones I used. Drop me a message with your email in and I’ll draw a diagram out for you. Yes they can be switched off seperately for hauling stock for example.

cheers

martyn

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 15/01/2018 at 07:57, Ressaldar said:

Hi TTG,

many thanks for explaining your installation and the fact that by following the instructions, I have blown up a non-existent problem out of all proportion. I will as I said earlier, fit my speaker as originally intended and as you have done . As far as the speaker connections are concerned, I have ordered some 00 light leads from Howes which have mini plugs already fitted and are hopefully the same size as those on the Heljan PCB - if not, then I will order an ESU adaptor plate from SWD, wire that up and discard the Heljan PCB .

As for the studs, they are i fact just the fixings for the corridor connector end plates which had not been pressed fully home and thus not allowing smooth removal of the body from the chassis.

Enjoy your model, I will be enjoying mine hopefully by the end of the week, when it should be back in one piece and making sound as it should.

regards

Mike

Mike,

I was wondering those light leads with the mini-plugs solved the problem. I too need to attach speaker wires to that ridiculous little female plug!

Steve

22 hours ago, Steve Williams said:

Mike,

I was wondering those light leads with the mini-plugs solved the problem. I too need to attach speaker wires to that ridiculous little female plug!

Steve

These do the trick, and each lead will do two loco's https://uk.farnell.com/jst-japan-solderless-terminals/02sur-02sur-32w150/lead-2way-0-8mm-150mm/dp/3852313?ost=02SUR-02SUR-32W150&iscrfnonsku=false&ddkey=http%3Aen-GB%2FElement14_United_Kingdom%2Fsearch”

Hi Steve W,

sorry, but due to some alarming family news yesterday morning, now thankfully resolved, I missed your post yesterday, but you seem to have been given the answer to your problem, best of luck with the solution.

regards

Mike

5 hours ago, Ressaldar said:

Hi Steve W,

sorry, but due to some alarming family news yesterday morning, now thankfully resolved, I missed your post yesterday, but you seem to have been given the answer to your problem, best of luck with the solution.

regards

Mike

Glad to hear all OK. Yes, I have now ordered some of the male connectors. I really do wonder why Heljan make life so unnecessarily difficult. What on Earth is wrong with solder pads like Dapol. I really do think they need to look at Dapol and pick up some tips on end-user convenience.

• 4 months later...