RevolutioN announce Class B tanks for N gauge

Andy Y

Ben/Mike,

Any word on the delivery of the remaining batches of Class B Tankers??

I appreciate that you are snowed under with Pendolino deliveries....but you expected the delivery a few weeks after Glasgow show ( as stated in an earlier post).

I only ordered one of these...so there should be a bit of space in my Pendo parcel to tuck it in!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu,

The models were finished a couple of weeks ago but the factory said that QC found a problem with the kinematic couplings in a couple of hundred.

I suspect they were assembled without the self-centering spring if a worker had a bad day but it needs to be corrected and they were now expected to ship this week, though I haven't yet had confirmation of that.

TBH with so many Pendolinos to send out I am in no rush - we won't even open the boxes until all the Pendos are sorted.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Stu,

The models were finished a couple of weeks ago but the factory said that QC found a problem with the kinematic couplings in a couple of hundred.

I suspect they were assembled without the self-centering spring if a worker had a bad day but it needs to be corrected and they were now expected to ship this week, though I haven't yet had confirmation of that.

TBH with so many Pendolinos to send out I am in no rush - we won't even open the boxes until all the Pendos are sorted.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update....now off and pack my Pendos (pretty please!!)

Regards...Stu

• Like 1

Dilema time - the quicker your send mine the quicker I have to update the website and work out all the combinations/running numbers/stock codes (May need some help from Mike/Ben when they have reduced pendolino mountain).

Tony

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update....now off and pack my Pendos (pretty please!!)

Regards...Stu

• RMweb Gold

thank you for the update on the B tanks, but I wonder if you have solved the problem with the invoices?

Not yet, I have a possible software fix from the developer that I need to test but we've been rather busy with Pendolinos.

As ever we will update our website when we have a fix (and when we know the remaining Class Bs are on the way).

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

You say you need to get the Pendilinos distributed before you can do the class B tanks. Anybody would think you were just a couple of guys doing this in their spare time for the good of the hobby.

Must say I’m Looking forward getting my three tank wagons. I was hoping they would be here for my next outing on 28th & 29th April but never mind. The outing after that is 30th June & 1st July so it looks like I’ll have them by then,

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A couple of days ago RevolutioN emailed to say that the main batch of Class B tanks had arrived and been divvied up between Ben and Mike for shipping. Then two separate emails today informing me that my orders for Class B tanks are complete, which I presume means they're winging their way to me at fully fitted speeds. Probably I'd have got them even sooner if I'd ordered in block loads, but waiting for the trip to arrive will give me a few days to build a suitable layout...

They do look rather good. My modelling mojo has been flagging a little of late but the arrival of my Regent tanker may just reverse the process.

Weathering will be an interesting tactical choice, in that it will represent a real preserved wagon that in real life is in need of a repaint... I guess if I weather the 1:148 version it will bode well for the real thing getting a lick of paint!

https://www.svrwiki.com/Regent_Oil_%26_Texaco_345_Aviation_Fuel_Tank_Wagon#/media/File:PO_345_20170401.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Picked up mine from DEMU yesterday and very free rolling on table on train home !  lovely looking model and thanks to Dave,Ben, Jason and the many unnamed souls in China  who have made the project possible.

Looking forward to test runs today , then weathering as apart from the earliest days rail grime and spills were the order of the day - a cleanish rake and a green Dapol with no yellow panel  33 seems a likely consist.    

Edited by Robert Shrives
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi All just a little correction to above. A well known  model designer noted to me that while Jason of Rapido has made lovely models for Revolution, they had no input in the B tank. Colin - stand up and be thanked for works done  on the B - design to factory selection - all good choices, I look forward to your next collaboration a fishy bogie wagon.

Apologies Colin!

Robert 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just received my triples of plain black and UM, well packed and in good condition. A small point - the blue-ended UM tanks appear to be on the original suspension and not revised as advertised. Can someone at Revolution check please?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Picked up mine from DEMU yesterday and very free rolling on table on train home !  lovely looking model and thanks to Dave,Ben, Jason and the many unnamed souls in China  who have made the project possible.

Looking forward to test runs today , then weathering as apart from the earliest days rail grime and spills were the order of the day - a cleanish rake and a green Dapol with no yellow panel  33 seems a likely consist.    

You'll be able to mix the Esso Bs with the Farish TTAs and GNYP 33 haulage--headcode 4A  (courtesy Rail Portfolios no.6-The Cromptons) D6549 Fawley-Feltham 12.9.64.

• RMweb Gold

Just received my triples of plain black and UM, well packed and in good condition. A small point - the blue-ended UM tanks appear to be on the original suspension and not revised as advertised. Can someone at Revolution check please?

Hi Simon,

I've just checked and yes, for two of the wagons (with the blue ends) the chassis should have the revised suspension but they have been manufactured with the original suspension. The original suspension is correct for the plain brown one.

I am not sure how this happened; the specification was for revised suspension on the two blue ended wagons, however the livery diagrams I sent show, wrongly, the original suspension. I suspect that the production line managers have looked at the pictures rather than the text so I take responsibility.

There were a number of the blue-ended wagons with the original suspension, but this is an error for which I apologise.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

They are fabulous models, I have my three Mobil Charringtons ones a little while now and am keenly waiting for Mike to get RevolutioN's invoicing/payments platform fixed so that I can pay the balance and get my grubby hands on the other nine I have on order!

Roy

My Class B tanks arrived today from RevolutioN.  Even though I've seen the samples at various exhibitions I'm still blown away by the quality of these wagons.  Exquisite is the only word to do justice to the many fine mouldings and etched parts.  I don't think I've seen a better detailed N gauge wagon.

I'm also impressed that these turned up so soon after my Pendolino.

Thank you Ben and Mike (and any others who helped) for getting these products out.

My Class B tanks arrived today from RevolutioN.  Even though I've seen the samples at various exhibitions I'm still blown away by the quality of these wagons.  Exquisite is the only word to do justice to the many fine mouldings and etched parts.  I don't think I've seen a better detailed N gauge wagon.

Thank you Ben and Mike (and any others who helped) for getting these products out.

Agreed! Got mine this morning too. Amazing models.

You'll be able to mix the Esso Bs with the Farish TTAs and GNYP 33 haulage--headcode 4A  (courtesy Rail Portfolios no.6-The Cromptons) D6549 Fawley-Feltham 12.9.64.

The photo will probably show Vacuum braked 45 ton tanks, TTF and not air braked, they would be converted to air brakes later!