RevolutioN announce Class B tanks for N gauge

Andy Y

Hi - Ben. How far are you through dispatching the tanks please ? Appreciate you have a lot of boxes on the floor at the moment. I've not received yet any communication about paying the balance for my 12 wagons

Thanks

My Esso and Molasses tanks arrived yesterday to go with the Charringtons.

As has already been said, they are superb models in every way. Exquisite detail, nicely weighted and beautiful runners.

A HUGE thank you to Mike, Ben, Colin and this Chinese factory for delivering such a fantastic model.

It is great to know that this factory will be making more Revolution models in the future.

Cheers,

Ged.

• RMweb Gold

I've processed about 25% of the orders so far, though some of those are still go in the post from the most recent batch.

Sending out 4000 tanks takes time so please bear with us.  Mrs RD would like her lounge floor back ASAP so there is plenty of domestic pressure to get them out but it will still take several weeks.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

I've processed about 25% of the orders so far, though some of those are still go in the post from the most recent batch.

Sending out 4000 tanks takes time so please bear with us.  Mrs RD would like her lounge floor back ASAP so there is plenty of domestic pressure to get them out but it will still take several weeks.

Cheers, Mike

No problem Mike - was in no way intended as a criticism :) - have fun !! 

When the TEA tanks arrived I was almost impressed enough to consider modelling the current scene, which in itself is an achievement. Expectations for these class B tanks at that point was set pretty high, and I was unable to cast an eye over the first arrivals earlier this year. To say I've been looking forward to the post arriving recently is an understatement! In N Gauge terms, so far only the Farish Midland 4F has rendered me near speechless along with maybe the Centralia CE-1 caboose, but these class B tanks have surpassed that standard. Its not often that something like this comes along, I've only really witnessed it with US outline models in the past, and it does raise a legitimate problem with these tanks...they make the models before and aft look poor, including motive power! The Farish 8F had better be something special along the lines of the 4F, because as much as I like the Black 5 its just not quite there leading these tanks (I might have to send one off to Mercig for some magic to be worked!).

I do like subliminal advertising RevolutioN style....

......this evening's bike ride. And yes I'm very lucky to live where I do.

Really looking forward to getting my singleton Regent tank... absolutely no hurry, I'm just sending positive waves to will it to the top of the pile.

post-1601-0-53795500-1529182295_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Regent #345 lands at Arley!

A massive thank you to the RevolutioN team for a beautiful model... I'll get some better images at the weekend. Severn Valley regulars will recognise the real #345's typical position next to the signal box, replicated here. The real thing seems to be travelling up and down the line more these days (and is currently parked over the hill from my back garden), so it will surely appear in my 'heritage freight train'.

Particular congratulations for your customer service... I recall mentioning the number might be a good choice for the standalone Regent tank, a lovely surprise that added to the excellence of the model.

Still pondering how much to weather it... it might depend on how much closer the real thing gets to the paintshop. I need to get practise in before I get my Cargowaggon twins, I'll not spare the grime with those, I am warming up on some unsuspecting Dapol bogie versions....

post-1601-0-52232500-1529615129_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hello mike and ben, i know this is a busy time. i am just wondering  if you are still in the process of sending out the final invoices. i would just like to pay for my delightful tank wagons that i ordered. I know you were having problems before and i even looked to see if i could just complete on the website in the checkout but no joy. tia 

• RMweb Premium

Received some of these lovely wagons through the post today, and remembered that there was some talk about there being a discount code for the sturgeon being included in the box. Should this have been there or have things changed?

Received some of these lovely wagons through the post today, and remembered that there was some talk about there being a discount code for the sturgeon being included in the box. Should this have been there or have things changed?

Take a look on the delivery note, I think it is on the back. This is the one the delivery label gets peeled off, then gets put in the inside of the package.

• RMweb Premium

Take a look on the delivery note, I think it is on the back. This is the one the delivery label gets peeled off, then gets put in the inside of the package.

Thanks Will, unfortunately the back of my delivery notes are all blank. 

These things are superb!

Pix

Indeed, the underframe detail is stunning.

For those few of you wanting to convert these to 2mm finescale, the wheels with 14.2mm axles do the job nicely. Enjoy the moment changing them, there is not much else you will be able to find to do to improve these models.

Chris

Edited by Chris Higgs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're here!

And very nice they are, too.  Posing behind a Class 37 on Croft Spa as I've not yet got a class 33 to pull them.  I need to sort out a couple more short takers to mix into the rake and lengthen it beyond eight.  Spot the interloper in the pics...

post-13358-0-13197800-1531322064_thumb.jpg

post-13358-0-87663300-1531322166_thumb.jpg

Very nice, they are, too.  Just as well a few competing pressures haven't materialised yet, which should allow my bank account to recover before they do....

Les

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Tim

We always put those sorts of updates on our website.  I think we're about 50% through the orders, probably more now. Unfortunately I hurt my wrist/hand playing cricket with some friends last weekend and have been largely incapacitated most of this week!  Starting to get better but looking rather bruised and still sore. I'm thinking that order processing and packing/sending out will resume on Sunday.

Cheers, Mike

• 4 weeks later...

The revolution website implies that only those with blanaces to pay have not been sent out. I am still waiting for my molassas three pack even though I got the oil ones two months ago (fully paid). E-mailed revolution but no reply.

• RMweb Premium

The revolution website implies that only those with blanaces to pay have not been sent out. I am still waiting for my molassas three pack even though I got the oil ones two months ago (fully paid). E-mailed revolution but no reply.

I have The Molasses three pack on order too. No invoice sent yet. I expect they are still plodding through the orders.

I have The Molasses three pack on order too. No invoice sent yet. I expect they are still plodding through the orders.

In another place it was mentioned they are up to orders placed in January 2017. Mine were February and Septmber 2017 so hopefully will hear something in the next few weeks.

As a general response - if people want all their emails replied in a timely manner, timely despatch of the product, and the company filing their returns on time (see other thread) then expect to pay double for future products.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

My B tanks arrived today, first part payment in December '16 - can't think why I didn't pay in full then - followed up with an additional order October '17, again part paid.  email request for balance received last week.

post-6883-0-87449800-1534511631_thumb.jpg

Very happy.  Must remember to keep the Sturgeon discount code handy...

Regards, Gerry.