RevolutioN announce Class B tanks for N gauge

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kris said:

Revolution announced yesterday in their Facebook live session that the B class tanks are getting a rerun in the more popular liveries. 

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product-category/ngauge/35t-tank/

Hi Kris, that seems to take us to a Class A 35T page, rather than Class B 35T?

Apologies if I'm missing something...

I wasn't actually aware the Class A examples had been opened up for pre-ordering.

Best

Scott.

• RMweb Premium

There is a link to a b class tank on the purchase menu, however this appears to possibly be a mistake. Re runs were announced yesterday however. 

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Kris said:

There is a link to a b class tank on the purchase menu, however this appears to possibly be a mistake. Re runs were announced yesterday however. 

Yes it seems to go to the Stavely Class A option.

Thanks for confirming.

Best

Scott.

• RMweb Gold

We showed off the first images of the Class A CAD last night in our FB Live session and we also said that we would be doing a re-run of some of the Class B liveries at the same time (though those are not available to order yet).

Cheers Mike

• 8 months later...

Hi Ben & Mike. Just checking the status of the 2nd run. The website says out of stock, but I don't recall this run ever having been on sale. Have I missed them or are they still to be made available for sale please. 

Many thanks

Steve

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, steve1023 said:

Hi Ben & Mike. Just checking the status of the 2nd run. The website says out of stock, but I don't recall this run ever having been on sale. Have I missed them or are they still to be made available for sale please. 

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

The new run of N Class B tanks are in the 'Pre-order' section:

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/35t-class-b-tank-wagon/

HTH

Regards, Gerry.

• RMweb Gold

I think that is the remnants of the first batch that Revolution found stock of?...

And both ESSO and Texaco are shown as out of Stock.

From memory, a second run hasn't formally been announced yet, since the Class As are in the pipeline. I could be wrong.

Best

Scott

Edited by scottystitch
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Once we have received decorated samples of the new Class A tankers and MTV/ZCV Zander box wagons we will update on the Class B tankers.  it should be within the next few weeks.  No one has missed out on a second run yet.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi all,

Once we have received decorated samples of the new Class A tankers and MTV/ZCV Zander box wagons we will update on the Class B tankers.  it should be within the next few weeks.  No one has missed out on a second run yet.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

Will the second run of Class B's have a much smaller internal weight (actually same question for the Class As as I have a small cut of these ordered). It was a devil of a job to get the weight out of one of my existing Class B's without causing damage to the delicate parts and this has put me off attempting any more. The one I have done appears none the worse for removal of the weight running wise, so I would strongly suggest something is done, the first batch is just too heavy, NMRA standard or not.

Regards

Roy

Edited by Roy L S
Signed off twice
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Roy,

We will look to reduce the weight, probably by around 20-25%, when the models go into production however it is a difficult question because we have also had feedback from those who prefer the heavier models.

cheers

Ben A.

47 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hello Roy,

We will look to reduce the weight, probably by around 20-25%, when the models go into production however it is a difficult question because we have also had feedback from those who prefer the heavier models.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

Thank you.

Personally I would prefer the weight reduced by more like 50%. The wagons become very heavy, even in a fairly modest rake (I have 12). It also seems to me as if the weight pushes down too much on the pinpoint axles causing friction and a curious surging "Zebedee" effect when they are all together and moving, bouncing the loco along the track:unsure:. I am afraid much as I think they are amazing models, aside from the one I have removed the weight from, I have had to stop running them sadly:(

The above said I do appreciate there are other views to consider not just mine

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

I was hoping to stop by and chat to Revolution but was tied up all weekend at Warley, did anyone get an update on the second run of Class B? 

Hi there,

They should be here in early 2023, along with the Class A tanks and Zander box wagons.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Can anyone here confirm the Running Numbers of the all the Esso Class B tanks that are going to be available through retailers? I'm confused on this point for the following reason: I've ordered and received the four available from Rails. These came with the numbers shown on the Rails website. Other retailers (TMC for e.g.) are showing the same four product numbers but with four different Running numbers to those I've received. Are there really eight different wagons available (I'd like to have another four, but not to duplicate Running Numbers) or has a transcription error been replicated across TMC and others? Anyone at Revolution able to clear this up?

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

The running numbers for the new run of Class B tankers are as follows:

Esso:  3324, 3350, 3391, 3707

Mobil/Charrington:  206 (Black name), 249 (White name)

Unbranded:  48519, 48545

Regent:  375, 404

Texaco:  TEX47878, TEX47859

United Molasses: UM204 (brown ends), UM258/47994 (blue ends.)

These are all different to those in the first run.   As a rule of thumb when we rerun wagons we will use different numbers, not least to allow those who purchased first time to have a reason to buy more!!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 30/06/2021 at 18:58, montyburns56 said:

Inspiration for a diorama?

Machynlleth 1973 by Michael Taylor

3381-1973-06-mt

Thanks very much for posting this piccie Monty.  I started my railway career at Machynlleth in July 1978 and one of my jobs was to liase with the local Bats & Hunt chap regarding shunting the fuel traffic.  Their facility was at the former cattle pens at Machynlleth which was opposite the station building.  The yard however was on the upside and these two wagons are on No 2 road. Strictly speaking the daily "goods" engine 7J23 was supposed to shunt at Machynlleth before going on to Aberystwyth or Pwllheli deopending on day of the week. Generally though the Salop men were late into Machynlleth so the shunt very rarely happened in the morning and this was a constant source of frustration to the local guy at the fuel depot, because he often would not receive his product until late afternoon when 7G19 returned from either Aber or Pwllhelli / Portmadoc.

To appease Bates & Hunt, if we had a spare DMU and driver we would sometimes perform a shunt during the morning.  This involved running the DMU off the shed and up into the pens to collect the discharged tanks, then off the pens and up over the points at the east end of the station.  The DMU would then propel them down into the yard, then pull the loaded wagons back up onto the single line, then propel them up into the pens siding. The Bates & Hunt facility could only handle two tanks at a time so the 90ish tons of two fully loaded tanks was about as much as a two car DMU set could handle in low gears and there was sometimes a bit of slippy from the two driven axles of the power car. 

I guess this scene could be recreated in N or OO. In N provided you had a coupling at one end of a class 101 or 108. It was actually illegal though and I am not sure how many "seniors" from Derby or Crewe knew it went on !!! 

• Informative/Useful 4