RevolutioN announce Class B tanks for N gauge

Andy Y

Hello all,

Samples included both chassis types as can be seen here. Original suspension mounts on the left, revised with additional cylindrical damping block on the right:

Once we have approved painted samples then we will close the order book and get them made. As ever, we will only produce models to order so if you are interested in these please make sure you don't miss the deadline. The easiest way to do this is to register without obligation at our website and then you'll receive our newsletters that always alert customers to impending deadlines.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

They look to be models of the utmost quality.

Is it yet possible to indicate which liveries are likely to have made the cut and which ones realistically aren't going to make it?

Regards

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben

They look to be models of the utmost quality.

Is it yet possible to indicate which liveries are likely to have made the cut and which ones realistically aren't going to make it?

Regards

Roy

Hello Roy,

Thanks. Last time I spoke to Mike the Esso tankers were selling far better than any of the other variants, but he was fairly happy that all would be going ahead.

EDIT: Oops, hadn't realised Mike had already replied. He has the data on order numbers.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

Hi Ben, Mike,

any idea if the '345' number is possible on the single REGENT tanker? (To match the SVR example in Gareth's pictures).

Absolutely no bother if it is not an option... one of those moments when it is always worth asking just in case! Hopefully my order has got though OK.

I notice that the real thing has vanished from the siding at Arley.. I wonder if it is getting a repaint like its 'siding mate' the Hawksworth sleeper which is now looking superb.

Edited by Will J

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

At the moment we are preparing livery diagrams ready for painted samples to be produced. The existing artwork has 329 as the single wagon, probably because I found decent images on Paul Bartlett's site showing it in service.

We could look at amending this to 345, but it did seem to me that some of the markings on 345 as it appears now in preservation have changed since these wagons were in service - notably the position of the circular Regent plate seems to have changed, and the Regent lettering seems different.

What do others think? Or maybe this is not a big deal, and we could offer 345 but using the artwork from the in-service wagons?

Cheers

Ben A.

Cheers Ben.. it might add a few extra sales to SVR fanatics! Though I have no problem with sticking with 'Plan A' if that is what seems best to everyone. Personally I'd be very happy with the 345 number, but with the general colour scheme and details matched to an in-service photo.

Echoing everyone else's excited anticipation about the wagon.

Edited by Will J

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben / Mike,

Do you have any details of how the etched owners plates are to be attached yet - I have ordered 7 and I think all have plates, but I need to remove them for a project so might have dropped a clanger if this is not possible - I'm afraid I wrongly assumed they would just be decals!

Thanks,

Tony.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tony,

We are waiting to see the painted samples, but the plan is for the etched plates to be pre-printed and curved but supplied for customers to fit over printed markings, much like the etched nameplates that are supplied with some locomotives.

This may be good news for you...

Cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben,

Yes that's great news -  and of course I meant printed and not decals! - it's much easier to stick them on if required than to remove them if not.

I'm a mid 80s modeller and often get scuppered by unwanted items firmly glued onto rolling stock from the 50's and 60's - a rake of 35 22t Presflo's took loads of extra work to remove the boards and associated glue.

https://tonybuckton.smugmug.com/NGaugeModels/22t-Presfos/i-vdzjQhC

Thanks Again,

Tony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that Revolution Trains is on stand 16 at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS) in Warwickshire this weekend.

We will have on display painted samples of the Class B tankers in Esso livery. Samples of the other models are expecting to arrive in mid September; once all are approved we expect to close the order book and move to full production.

There is an image on the News page of our website for those that can't make the show.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We have now received the full set of livery samples of the forthcoming Class B tankers.

post-420-0-63163400-1506028852_thumb.jpg

These will now be checked thoroughly and any corrections or amendments sent to the factory.

post-420-0-20845300-1506028804_thumb.jpg

These models will be on display on our stand at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC, so everyone has the chance for a good look, and we expect to close the order book immediately afterward.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 14

These look excellent and as good as any N gauge stock I've seen. If it weren't for the couplings you'd be hard pressed to tell what scale they were. Seeing the efforts of Revolution, amongst others, makes me feel more positive about the future of N gauge and my decision to go all in on 1:148 for my 1980s layout. I was getting worried given the Dapol 'review' and the general lack of latter-day BR RTR releases from Farish, when compared to OO.

Can you update when you decide on an order book closing date; I'd like to see about ordering a few more, should funds allow in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Duncan

• RMweb Gold

Hello Duncan,

Thanks for your kind words. We are planning to close the order book immediately after Warley; we could probably close it sooner but we want to give as many people as possible a chance to see these models.

Anyone who has already ordered, or who has simply registered with our website without obligation, will receive an email alert to remind them of the deadline.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I have been assisting Allen Pearson with some of the scenics for his new layout based on the river Ceiriog crossings at Chirk.

A short break offered the ideal chance to create a full line up of the Class Bs.

post-420-0-09079000-1506097349_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-78110000-1506097360_thumb.jpg

Allen also built the wonderful N Gauge layout based on Ribblehead viaduct that was featured in Model Rail the year before last. Sadly that layout was destroyed when a tree fell on the building housing it; but his model of Chirk looks set to be a worthy replacement.

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 5