RevolutioN announce Class B tanks for N gauge

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Outstanding, they look so so good. As one of the proposers who pitched the original idea for this project, I'm very much looking forward to seeing these in the flesh at Warley; and then hopefully not so long after, assembling my order into one, long, 18 wagon rake.

Hats off to everyone involved in bringing this wagon to market. By all accounts, it had a rather slow initial uptake, but I think all the hard work by Revolution, et al, has paid off in spades and it's great to see more modellers come on board with orders.

Best

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Hi DPGibbons,

I don't think there will be reviews, since the models will be with the backers at the same time as they would be sent to magazines, but there may be some preview images.

There are plenty of images on the Revolution site, and you can inspect them for yourself at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC in November if you're able to make it.

Is there any specific question you have that a review might answer? If it factual then it may be I can answer.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

• RMweb Gold

Ben - I'm already clued up and signed up thanks and I need no further persuasion. But I wonder how many more orders you might get if you did not have to close the books in advance of what I imagine will be excellent press reviews.

That is always the problem we face with all of our projects, but the pay-off for customers who back our projects unseen is that they get the models at the best price.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

That is always the problem we face with all of our projects, but the pay-off for customers who back our projects unseen is that they get the models at the best price.

Cheers, Mike

Stick to your guns guys. 

I wonder how many more times you will have to explain your business model before the penny final drops?

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The order book for these models will close in exactly 5 weeks, at midnight on October 31st.

More information here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/no-tricks-treat-class-bs-halloween/

I think most people know now, but just to be clear we will only produce enough models to satisfy pre-orders, however there will be some traders taking limited stocks though as with the TEAs and Pendolinos the price is likely to be higher than the pre-order price.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

• 4 weeks later...

Triple and single pack United Molasses tanks ordered. Out of interest, what length rakes did these generally run in and behind what sort of traction? Hoping my BR Blue 27 would be a suitable choice.

I would be interested in some 80s departmental versions in future if that could be a possibility.

Triple and single pack United Molasses tanks ordered. Out of interest, what length rakes did these generally run in and behind what sort of traction? Hoping my BR Blue 27 would be a suitable choice.

I would be interested in some 80s departmental versions in future if that could be a possibility.

They tended to run as individual wagons, or small groups, in mixed freight trains- their destinations would have been yeast manufacturers (like the ones at Menstrie and Bristol), sugar refineries and animal feed manufacturers; A blue 27 would be fine for Scottish traffic.

• Like 1

Hallo,

if you enter United Molasses Menstrie into Google or Menstrie into Flickr you will find quite a few photos, Blue 27, Railfreight grey 26s, LL 37 split headcode. There is a photo in the results with 4 tanks (Class 26 hauled), so you'll be all set.

Hope this helps

es grüßt

pc

As mentioned above

https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_christie/23898334388/in/dateposted/

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure those tanks aren't the later air-braked ones converted from caustic soda tanks (as per the NGS kit?), rather than Class B tanks?

Steven B.

Hi Steven

I think they are indeed the later air braked tanks.

Cheers

Paul