"BR Steam Locomotives 1948-1968" Hugh Longworth

londonbus

I've recently taken delivery of Hugh Longworth's excellent Reference on all "BR Steam Loco allocations from 1948 to 1968". Highly recommended, if quite an investment.

Under the locomotive class are the following columns from left to right. Date of allocation / Notes (if a shed was recoded / loco withdrawn) / Shed Code / Shed Name.

Qu: In the second column many of the locomotives have the notation "I" in many cases multiples i.e. "IIIIIIIII" in red. I cannot see anywhere in this book what this refers to - I'm sure it's not referred to as it's obvious. To all that is except me.

29377554681_8017ee9c40_z.jpg

I posted this previously in prototype section, hopefully this is a more appropriate place. All help appreciated.

I've recently taken delivery of Hugh Longworth's excellent Reference on all "BR Steam Loco allocations from 1948 to 1968". Highly recommended, if quite an investment.

Under the locomotive class are the following columns from left to right. Date of allocation / Notes (if a shed was recoded / loco withdrawn) / Shed Code / Shed Name.

Qu: In the second column many of the locomotives have the notation "I" in many cases multiples i.e. "IIIIIIIII" in red. I cannot see anywhere in this book what this refers to - I'm sure it's not referred to as it's obvious. To all that is except me.

29377554681_8017ee9c40_z.jpg

I posted this previously in prototype section, hopefully this is a more appropriate place. All help appreciated.

Each red line seems to stand for a year at that depot (and goes through any recoding).

Archived