What colour would a grounded coach be painted if it was being used as a station building

MarcD

Hi

I'm just finishing off the halt area of my layout that changes name and location depending on the stock and the buildings and I have come across a snag. What colour should I paint a grounded coach that is being used as a station building on a rural halt? The layout is LSWR/S&DJR "Scratchy Bottom" circa 1914, Furness "Lowick" circa 1914-23, NER "Lowick" circa 1900-23 and Cambrian "Crafu Gwaelod" circa 1900-23.

Would the grounded coach body remain in its last running livery?

Would it be repainted in the building livery of the respective company? 

Or Would it be repainted with tar or some other preservative?

Marc 

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I'm just finishing off the halt area of my layout that changes name and location depending on the stock and the buildings and I have come across a snag. What colour should I paint a grounded coach that is being used as a station building on a rural halt? The layout is LSWR/S&DJR "Scratchy Bottom" circa 1914, Furness "Lowick" circa 1914-23, NER "Lowick" circa 1900-23 and Cambrian "Crafu Gwaelod" circa 1900-23.

Would the grounded coach body remain in its last running livery?

Would it be repainted in the building livery of the respective company? 

Or Would it be repainted with tar or some other preservative?

Marc 

Could be any of those, If you don't want to make four and swap them around as required, black would be your best bet.

John

Archived