All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

For the uninitiated amongst us, what are the design differences (not quality differences) between your version and the "other" Lima/Hornby version, of which I have about 30 of the Yeoman ones. 

Would they have run in a mixed rake with the "other" type, as I would certainly be happy to consider a few Yeoman livery ones to add some variety to my long stone train.

Or is the contrast between your version and a 20+ year old model so much it would just look silly against the older ones?

Thanks very much MGR Hooper.

Thanks Deltic Man

Hi Paul, many thanks. Depending on how the 4mm scale version goes and the interest, we would certainly love to produce an N gauge version. I know someone else that would love a rake of them too!

Hi Cromptonnut, as far as I am aware, although I may be wrong, this particular version only ran with other Redland wagons. I do know that some of the ex-Tilbury Roadstone wagons did run with other company’s wagons, both ARC and Tarmac.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news and best of luck guys! As a member of a team involved in a very similar operation for Irish outline models, I know just how an exciting project this is, albeit with some frustrating, tireless and busy moments thrown in for good measure. Great choice for your first project too.

• RMweb Gold

Nice choice.

A quick minor correction - they no longer run to East Anglia, the Trowse stone is now either the new build JNA or the new build HOA. but the PGA ran until 05/08/2016 which is my last recorded working of them to Trowse.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Hi David, The first batch will be for when they were first painted, roughly around 2000. The PGAs then started to lose the logo in 2008/2009.
I too would like a rake in Redland, but without the grey stripe.

Thanks for the correction and info Beast, much appreciated.

There was an earlier livery and ownership code for these - bright yellow Railease. Although most of my photos of them in that livery are at wagon manufacturers this one at Stoke certainly appears to have been used http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e27135b51

An interesting choice, with those large plates on the side making them distinctive compared to other PGA. Good luck.

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga

Paul

Wow! Looks stunning. I'm most definitely down for a rake of these please in Lafarge livery.  As someone above mentioned how about a pack of three or four with different running numbers?

Another question - I realize that there are quite a variety of the PGA wagon, so I'm curious if you would at any point produce the type in ECC Quarries livery...

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/procorpga/h3e1f7e80#h3e1f7e80

I currently have around thirty of the Hornby version which I'm literally about to upgrade, however I'm now wondering if it will be worth it if a far superior version is on-the-cards, so to speak...

Either way, good luck with the project.

Edited by YesTor